Storey on fire as the Panthers beat Buntingford
Melbourn Dynamos Panthers 6 Buntingford Cougar Whites 0 Under-11s Division 3 MELBOURN Dynamos Panthers showed no signs of rustiness as they scored three times in the first nine minutes in their weekend encounter. George Storey scored the first on six minu
Melbourn Dynamos Panthers 6 Buntingford Cougar Whites 0
Under-11s Division 3
MELBOURN Dynamos Panthers showed no signs of rustiness as they scored three times in the first nine minutes in their weekend encounter.
George Storey scored the first on six minutes after a break from the Panthers' penalty box saw Tommy Hollway go on a strong run through the middle with an inch perfect lay off for Storey to finish well.
A minute later Melbourn added a second as Sam Potterill ran almost half the length of the pitch and finished coolly with a low shot in the corner, while it was 3-0 moments later as the ball fell kindly for Luke Eades who hit a quality shot in the top right corner of the Cougars net from just inside the penalty box.
The next 30 minutes were fairly one sided but the Panthers missed a hatful of chances against a strong and determined Buntingford side whose goalkeeper stood out from the rest making some fantastic saves.
- 1 Owner elated as cat returns after going missing for 11 years
- 2 Street Food Heroes return to Royston
- 3 Melbourn Bowls Club celebrates centenary
- 4 Life-saving defibrillator donated to Melbourn Bowls Club
- 5 'Do not eat' - Lidl recalls product over bacteria fears
- 6 A-level results 2022: What should my next steps be?
- 7 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 8 Which Thameslink trains are running during the RMT strike?
- 9 World Photography Day: Herts & Middlesex Wildlife Trust launches third Wild Snaps competition
- 10 Last-ball victory keeps Reed on the rise up the Championship
The last 15 minutes of the game saw Storey grab a quick hat-trick as the Panthers' dominance finally paid off.
Player-of-the-match was Ryan Lees who made all the timely tackles in the Melbourn defence.