Stoop helps tennis enthusiasts
GREAT Chishill tennis star Georgie Stoop is passing her skills on to youngsters as part of a national push to increase children s access to the sport. Stoop joined pupils in Cambridgeshire to check out the changes which are taking the nation s youngsters
GREAT Chishill tennis star Georgie Stoop is passing her skills on to youngsters as part of a national push to increase children's access to the sport.
Stoop joined pupils in Cambridgeshire to check out the changes which are taking the nation's youngsters by storm.
The Tennis Foundation (TF), supported by the Lawn Tennis Association, (LTA) has been implementing a new AEGON Schools Tennis strategy to increase children's access to tennis and the British number six was on hand to see the new style tennis delivery in action and experience firsthand just what an impact the initiative is having.
Stoop, who reached career high of 178 in the world this season, was an honorary pupil for the day as she played with, and against, a Year 6 class from Histon and Impington School and then finished the visit with autographs and a Q+A session.
You may also want to watch:
She said: "I really loved coming here today and I'd love to do more for kids at this level. I think it's good for the children to see somebody who actually plays as it's a positive thing for them to have somebody to look up to because they may listen in a different sort of way."
AEGON Schools Tennis provides a range of resources for schools, including an innovative coach-led DVD and around 60,000 tennis rackets and 120,000 tennis balls, free of charge, to schools across the country.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 3 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 4 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 5 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 6 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 7 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 8 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 9 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash