Stoop advances through at Wimbledon
GREAT Chishill s Georgie Stoop has made it through to the second round of the Women s Doubles at Wimbledon. Stoop and partner Laura Robson came out on top in the Battle of the Brits winning 6-4 3-6 13-11 against Jade Curtis and Anna Smith in a marathon ma
GREAT Chishill's Georgie Stoop has made it through to the second round of the Women's Doubles at Wimbledon.
Stoop and partner Laura Robson came out on top in the Battle of the Brits winning 6-4 3-6 13-11 against Jade Curtis and Anna Smith in a marathon match on Court One.
Both pairs had chances to win the match in the final set but threw them away.
Curtis and Smith had an opportunity to serve for the match but an overrule from Hawkeye helped Robson and Stoop back into the game and, when Robson put away a volley, the 106-minute final set was over.
You may also want to watch:
Stoop and Robson will now face the experienced number 16 seeds, Svetlana Kuzentsova (Russia) and Amelie Mauresmo (France), both of whom are former Grand Slam singles champions.
- 1 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 2 Village school's annual fayre is a big hit
- 3 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 4 Margaret House residential home celebrates 50th anniversary milestone
- 5 Safety concerns continue in final days of travel hub consultation
- 6 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 7 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 8 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 9 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 10 Exploring the medieval graffiti of North Herts' historic churches