Stephens' strike breaks Hormead's spell
Under-11 Division Two Bishops Stortford Blues 1 Hormead Hares 0 Bishop s Stortford Blues finally got one over on Hormead Hares having suffered two defeats to them earlier this season. Going into the game on Sunday the Blues were wondering if Hormead we
Under-11 Division Two
Bishops Stortford Blues 1 Hormead Hares 0
Having been very unlucky not to have won an earlier league match and then been narrowly beaten in a cup match against Hormead Hares, the Blues were wondering if they were going to become a bogie team.
Weather can sometimes be a leveller but it is the same for both teams and the Blues did not stop battling in the mud from start to finish.
You may also want to watch:
A deserved goal was scored in the second half after a counter attack which saw Alex Wilkins and Robert Stephens combining with Alex's shot being parried for Robert to bundle in to the goal having been unmarked at the back post.
Blues showed a great spirit in defence as usual with everyone getting involved as the midfield impressed while Jack Jones pulled off some quality saves.
- 1 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 2 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 3 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 4 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 5 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 6 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 7 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
- 8 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 9 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
The boys left the field with smiles all round, which were almost matched by those of the manager and the parents.