Stellar Della completes treble-winning 2011
Royston Tennis Club round-up
DELLA GIBSON capped a successful year at Royston Tennis Club by winning her third championship recently.
Having already won the ladies’ singles title and mixed doubles crown (with partner David Addison), Gibson made it a hat-trick of trophies when she and Annabel Barrett beat Caroline McCormick and Christine Knight 6-2 6-4 to win the Ladies’ doubles crown.
Further rounds in the Cambridgeshire winter league took place with the Men’s first team suffering their first defeat this season 6-2 away to Buckden. Players were Andy Holmes, Lee Rogers, Richard Fosbeary and Erwin Phillips.
The Men’s IVs of Doug Higgins, Nathan O’Looney, Pete Goodbody and Jeremy Tuck had a 6-2 victory away to Fulbourn IIs.
The Ladies’ first team of Christine Knight, Pru Burton, Della Gibson and Sally Middleman lost 8-0 away at David Lloyd.
The Ladies IIs of Sue Doncaster, Vicky Hawkins, Karin Lambert and Emma Windred lost 5-3 in a close game at home to Newmarket IIIs while the Ladies’ IIIs team of Nicole Hamblin, Jo Rees, Ann Smith and Yvonne Rogers lost 8-0 away to Comberton IIs.
- 1 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 2 Melbourn Village College ready for Hastings battle in quarter-finals of national cup
- 3 Royston drama group CADS announces winner of 2022 Fred Sillence Award
- 4 Ian Stewart murder trial: Diane 'suffered lack of oxygen for up to an hour'
- 5 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 6 Fake Dyson Airwrap and Primark baby toy among recent recalled items
- 7 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 8 Experience University of Cambridge Museums' free Twilight with the Museums sleepover at home
- 9 Meldreth mental health cancer support charity appoints first patron
- 10 Patients required to continue wearing face coverings in healthcare settings
For full details of all matches, club events and membership visit www.roystontennis.co.uk