Stellar Della completes treble-winning 2011
Royston Tennis Club round-up
DELLA GIBSON capped a successful year at Royston Tennis Club by winning her third championship recently.
Having already won the ladies’ singles title and mixed doubles crown (with partner David Addison), Gibson made it a hat-trick of trophies when she and Annabel Barrett beat Caroline McCormick and Christine Knight 6-2 6-4 to win the Ladies’ doubles crown.
Further rounds in the Cambridgeshire winter league took place with the Men’s first team suffering their first defeat this season 6-2 away to Buckden. Players were Andy Holmes, Lee Rogers, Richard Fosbeary and Erwin Phillips.
The Men’s IVs of Doug Higgins, Nathan O’Looney, Pete Goodbody and Jeremy Tuck had a 6-2 victory away to Fulbourn IIs.
The Ladies’ first team of Christine Knight, Pru Burton, Della Gibson and Sally Middleman lost 8-0 away at David Lloyd.
The Ladies IIs of Sue Doncaster, Vicky Hawkins, Karin Lambert and Emma Windred lost 5-3 in a close game at home to Newmarket IIIs while the Ladies’ IIIs team of Nicole Hamblin, Jo Rees, Ann Smith and Yvonne Rogers lost 8-0 away to Comberton IIs.
- 1 School to make 'wide-ranging changes' following Ofsted inspection
- 2 Fowlmere residents voice objections to housing development
- 3 Kite Festival set to return to Royston next month
- 4 Citizens Advice: What to do if you have issues with delayed or cancelled flights
- 5 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 6 Tractors take to the streets to raise money for hospital
- 7 Royston judoka Reid relishing Commonwealth Games chance
- 8 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 9 Bassingbourn Village College students win Pitch for the Prize competition
- 10 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
For full details of all matches, club events and membership visit www.roystontennis.co.uk