Stellar Della completes treble-winning 2011
Royston Tennis Club round-up
DELLA GIBSON capped a successful year at Royston Tennis Club by winning her third championship recently.
Having already won the ladies’ singles title and mixed doubles crown (with partner David Addison), Gibson made it a hat-trick of trophies when she and Annabel Barrett beat Caroline McCormick and Christine Knight 6-2 6-4 to win the Ladies’ doubles crown.
Further rounds in the Cambridgeshire winter league took place with the Men’s first team suffering their first defeat this season 6-2 away to Buckden. Players were Andy Holmes, Lee Rogers, Richard Fosbeary and Erwin Phillips.
The Men’s IVs of Doug Higgins, Nathan O’Looney, Pete Goodbody and Jeremy Tuck had a 6-2 victory away to Fulbourn IIs.
You may also want to watch:
The Ladies’ first team of Christine Knight, Pru Burton, Della Gibson and Sally Middleman lost 8-0 away at David Lloyd.
The Ladies IIs of Sue Doncaster, Vicky Hawkins, Karin Lambert and Emma Windred lost 5-3 in a close game at home to Newmarket IIIs while the Ladies’ IIIs team of Nicole Hamblin, Jo Rees, Ann Smith and Yvonne Rogers lost 8-0 away to Comberton IIs.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 3 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 4 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 5 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 6 Royal Ascot: ones to watch on final day
- 7 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 8 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 9 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Comedy festival IS going ahead - with Covid-safe measures in place
For full details of all matches, club events and membership visit www.roystontennis.co.uk