Steeple thrash below-par Barley
CCA Junior League 4B
Barley 61 all-out
Steeple Morden 62-1
Barley won by nine wickets
STEEPLE Morden overcame Barley by nine wickets to return to the top of the league on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
Steeple skipper Nick Adams won the toss and elected to bowl first and the opening attack of Jack Tidey (5-0-7-2) and Martin Osborne (7-2-10-0) soon had Barley in trouble.
Tidey bowled George in the first over before taking another in his fourth – setting the tone for the rest of the innings as all bowlers kept the batsmen under pressure. Sean Tidey replaced Osborne and was soon in the wickets, bowling a fine spell of off-spin finishing with 4-20 and at the other end James Wilson bowled with good pace taking 4-10 as Barley were dismissed for 61 in 29 overs.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 3 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 4 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 5 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 6 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 7 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 8 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 9 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
- 10 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
Morden had to bat for five overs before tea which should have been a testing time for openers Max Carlton and Ryan Headington, but Carlton took 17 from the first over and it even looked like victory could come before tea, before he was dismissed for 27 and tea was taken at 39-1.
Richard King (17*) and Headington (6*) then took Morden to victory with more than 30 overs to spare.