Steeple still looking for first points
Melbourn Reserves 1 Steeple Morden Reserves 0 STEEPLE Morden Reserves are still searching for their first points of the season following a narrow 1-0 away defeat to Melbourn Reserves. Both sides put in maximum effort in the mid-afternoon sun, with Steeple
Melbourn Reserves 1 Steeple Morden Reserves 0
STEEPLE Morden Reserves are still searching for their first points of the season following a narrow 1-0 away defeat to Melbourn Reserves.
Both sides put in maximum effort in the mid-afternoon sun, with Steeple creating the better chances of the opening half hour.
Melbourn, however, broke the deadlock after 35 minutes when the ball was played in from the right and was headed home from nine yards.
You may also want to watch:
Melbourn almost doubled their lead near to the half time whistle but Chris Poulter, making his debut in goal for Morden reserves, produced a fantastic double save to deny them.
Steeple pressured the Melbourn defence considerably in the last 30 minutes of the game, but could not produce an equaliser.
- 1 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 7 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 8 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 9 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 10 Flying day at IWM Duxford commemorates 77th anniversary of D-Day
Entertaining Barrington Reserves this Saturday in the Reg Haigh and Arthur Peck Cup, Steeple will be looking for there first victory of the season.
Steeple Morden Reserves: Poulter, Smith (M Carlton), Geraghty, Edwards, Little (Holt), Thorp (Dix), N Carlton, Pollard, M Holt, McGee, Summers.