Steeple Reserves caught out by counterattacking Barrington
Steeple Morden Reserves 0 Barrington Reserves 3STEEPLE Morden Reserves crashed out of the Reg Haigh and Arthur Peck Cup on a warm afternoon as the visitors took full advantage of their opportunities.With two evenly matched sides the game was always goin
Steeple Morden Reserves 0 Barrington Reserves 3
STEEPLE Morden Reserves crashed out of the Reg Haigh and Arthur Peck Cup on a warm afternoon as the visitors took full advantage of their opportunities.
With two evenly matched sides the game was always going to be decided on narrow margins and Barrington punished Steeple three times in the first half as they lost the ball whilst attacking.
The Steeple defence was outnumbered and the one-on-one opportunities created gave veteran Tim Tidey little chance in goal.
Steeple did create some openings and Steve McGee flashed a left foot volley just wide on the half hour mark after good build up play down left hand side.
Karl Parr lifted an effort over the advancing keeper but a defender cleared before the finishing touch could be applied.
- 1 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 2 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 3 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 4 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 5 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 6 Cancer nurse's warning over drop in cervical screening
- 7 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 8 Downing Street and its South Cambs connections
- 9 Imperial War Museums launches first ever IWM Live event at Duxford this year
- 10 Gripping retelling of Blood Brothers coming to the ADC Theatre in Cambridge
At half time injuries forced changes with Max Carlton and Steve Little replaced by Paul Geraghty and Tom Holt and Steeple started brightly and forced a corner.
Karl Parr put his header just over after a fine delivery by Martin Holt.
Both sides battled in the second period but no further goals were scored and few clear opportunities created.
Steeple Morden Reserves: Tidey, M Carlton (T Holt), Alexander, Harrison, Little (Geraghty), Summers, N Carlton, Pollard, M Holt, Parr, McGee.