Steeple Reserves caught out by counterattacking Barrington
Steeple Morden Reserves 0 Barrington Reserves 3STEEPLE Morden Reserves crashed out of the Reg Haigh and Arthur Peck Cup on a warm afternoon as the visitors took full advantage of their opportunities.With two evenly matched sides the game was always goin
Steeple Morden Reserves 0 Barrington Reserves 3
STEEPLE Morden Reserves crashed out of the Reg Haigh and Arthur Peck Cup on a warm afternoon as the visitors took full advantage of their opportunities.
With two evenly matched sides the game was always going to be decided on narrow margins and Barrington punished Steeple three times in the first half as they lost the ball whilst attacking.
The Steeple defence was outnumbered and the one-on-one opportunities created gave veteran Tim Tidey little chance in goal.
You may also want to watch:
Steeple did create some openings and Steve McGee flashed a left foot volley just wide on the half hour mark after good build up play down left hand side.
Karl Parr lifted an effort over the advancing keeper but a defender cleared before the finishing touch could be applied.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 4 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 5 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 6 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 7 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
- 8 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 9 Award-winning CADS production at Royston Arts Festival
- 10 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
At half time injuries forced changes with Max Carlton and Steve Little replaced by Paul Geraghty and Tom Holt and Steeple started brightly and forced a corner.
Karl Parr put his header just over after a fine delivery by Martin Holt.
Both sides battled in the second period but no further goals were scored and few clear opportunities created.
Steeple Morden Reserves: Tidey, M Carlton (T Holt), Alexander, Harrison, Little (Geraghty), Summers, N Carlton, Pollard, M Holt, Parr, McGee.