Steeple Reserves caught out by counterattacking Barrington
Steeple Morden Reserves 0 Barrington Reserves 3STEEPLE Morden Reserves crashed out of the Reg Haigh and Arthur Peck Cup on a warm afternoon as the visitors took full advantage of their opportunities.With two evenly matched sides the game was always goin
Steeple Morden Reserves 0 Barrington Reserves 3
STEEPLE Morden Reserves crashed out of the Reg Haigh and Arthur Peck Cup on a warm afternoon as the visitors took full advantage of their opportunities.
With two evenly matched sides the game was always going to be decided on narrow margins and Barrington punished Steeple three times in the first half as they lost the ball whilst attacking.
The Steeple defence was outnumbered and the one-on-one opportunities created gave veteran Tim Tidey little chance in goal.
You may also want to watch:
Steeple did create some openings and Steve McGee flashed a left foot volley just wide on the half hour mark after good build up play down left hand side.
Karl Parr lifted an effort over the advancing keeper but a defender cleared before the finishing touch could be applied.
- 1 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 2 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 3 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 4 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Agricultural expert 'over the moon' with MBE
- 6 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 7 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 8 Village leader awarded BEM for community centre build and more
- 9 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 10 Could you help preserve ponds in Reed?
At half time injuries forced changes with Max Carlton and Steve Little replaced by Paul Geraghty and Tom Holt and Steeple started brightly and forced a corner.
Karl Parr put his header just over after a fine delivery by Martin Holt.
Both sides battled in the second period but no further goals were scored and few clear opportunities created.
Steeple Morden Reserves: Tidey, M Carlton (T Holt), Alexander, Harrison, Little (Geraghty), Summers, N Carlton, Pollard, M Holt, Parr, McGee.