Steeple Morden Bowls Club more than happy with their season despite coronavirus restrictions
- Credit: Archant
Steeple Morden Bowls Club have made the most of a difficult period by holding a number of inter-club competitions.
A usual season would have seen friendly matches with other clubs throughout the summer but with that option of the table in the wake of the pandemic, they found their own club competitions the perfect solution to getting members on the green in the fresh air and enjoying socially-distanced chats.
A spokeswoman for the club, situated behind the Village Hill, said: “While nothing is normal this year, as a club we think we’ve done pretty well. We’ve managed to carry on through COVID-19 keeping to all the safety guidance set out by Bowls England.
“We put on some competitions which were very successful with many taking part.
“We are a small friendly club offering outdoor bowls with a clubhouse and good facilities.
You may also want to watch:
“When our new season starts why not give us a call and come along for a try. We offer six lessons free of charge by our club coach.
“All will be welcome and we have sets of bowls to fit all ages.”
- 1 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 2 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 3 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 4 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 5 Stunning snap causes stir online
- 6 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 7 Nuthampstead Olympic Shooter takes bronze in Tokyo
- 8 Huge splash of support for Meldreth diver Dan Goodfellow
- 9 Arrests made in connection with large-scale money laundering operation
- 10 Roystonian becomes president of American broadband firm
For any queries call David Holt, the club’s secretary, on 01763 852636.