Steeple creep over the line against Thriplow
STEEPLE Morden kept their winning run going with a three wicket victory over Thriplow. Batting first Thriplow were soon in trouble against birthday boy Jack Tidey as he took three wickets in his first spell and reduced Thriplow to 16-3 from the first 12 o
STEEPLE Morden kept their winning run going with a three wicket victory over Thriplow.
Batting first Thriplow were soon in trouble against birthday boy Jack Tidey as he took three wickets in his first spell and reduced Thriplow to 16-3 from the first 12 overs.
Martin Osborne (10-2-23-3) bowled top scorer Dabnor for 25 before Richard King (10-6-12-2) and Tidey (10-4-14-4) finished off their innings for 104 in the 39th over.
In reply Morden started brightly before Tidey fell for 14 and after two more wickets fell cheaply Morden found themselves at 30-3.
You may also want to watch:
Opener King (24) was joined by Duncan Warner (12) and their partnership seemed to have taken the game away from Thriplow, but Morden's problems in chasing low totals was apparent again as both batsmen went in the space of three overs leaving them at 80-6.
However, the experienced Tim Tidey (14no), playing his first game of the season, guided his team to victory with 12 overs remaining.
- 1 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 2 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 5 Cambs and Essex academy trust wins prestigious award
- 6 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 7 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 8 Hospitality Action Day: Some of your favourite local pubs, restaurants and cafés
- 9 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 10 Exploring the medieval graffiti of North Herts' historic churches