Steady Eddie’s the main man
EDDIE Collins won the Men s Thursday Medal at Royston Golf Club last week. With a stiff breeze whipping across the heath, scoring was always going to be difficult, but Collins played just below his handicap of 12, to produce a winning score that left the
EDDIE Collins won the Men's Thursday Medal at Royston Golf Club last week.
With a stiff breeze whipping across the heath, scoring was always going to be difficult, but Collins played just below his handicap of 12, to produce a winning score that left the rest of the field trailing.
He now qualifies for the Medal Winners Trophy to be played in October next year.
Collins' playing partner, Paul Davey took the runners-up spot.
You may also want to watch:
Nick Leah and Ian Dell won the greensomes stableford event played on Sunday morning.
With blustery showers causing problems for many of the competitors, Leah and Dell's 41 points was three points clear of Robert Clark and John Ellis, who secured second place.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 3 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 4 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 5 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 6 Royal Ascot: ones to watch on final day
- 7 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 8 Comedy festival IS going ahead - with Covid-safe measures in place
- 9 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 10 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
Robin Christie and Nigel Thomas won third place on countback, with 35 points. Also scoring 35 points were the pairings of Tony Funston and Neil Skehel together with Peter Dean, and John Griffin.