Steady Eddie’s the main man
EDDIE Collins won the Men s Thursday Medal at Royston Golf Club last week. With a stiff breeze whipping across the heath, scoring was always going to be difficult, but Collins played just below his handicap of 12, to produce a winning score that left the
EDDIE Collins won the Men's Thursday Medal at Royston Golf Club last week.
With a stiff breeze whipping across the heath, scoring was always going to be difficult, but Collins played just below his handicap of 12, to produce a winning score that left the rest of the field trailing.
He now qualifies for the Medal Winners Trophy to be played in October next year.
Collins' playing partner, Paul Davey took the runners-up spot.
You may also want to watch:
Nick Leah and Ian Dell won the greensomes stableford event played on Sunday morning.
With blustery showers causing problems for many of the competitors, Leah and Dell's 41 points was three points clear of Robert Clark and John Ellis, who secured second place.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 6 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 7 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 8 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 9 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 10 Strictly Come Dancing champion to Dial M for Murder in Cambridge
Robin Christie and Nigel Thomas won third place on countback, with 35 points. Also scoring 35 points were the pairings of Tony Funston and Neil Skehel together with Peter Dean, and John Griffin.