Steady Eddie’s the main man
EDDIE Collins won the Men s Thursday Medal at Royston Golf Club last week. With a stiff breeze whipping across the heath, scoring was always going to be difficult, but Collins played just below his handicap of 12, to produce a winning score that left the
EDDIE Collins won the Men's Thursday Medal at Royston Golf Club last week.
With a stiff breeze whipping across the heath, scoring was always going to be difficult, but Collins played just below his handicap of 12, to produce a winning score that left the rest of the field trailing.
He now qualifies for the Medal Winners Trophy to be played in October next year.
Collins' playing partner, Paul Davey took the runners-up spot.
Nick Leah and Ian Dell won the greensomes stableford event played on Sunday morning.
With blustery showers causing problems for many of the competitors, Leah and Dell's 41 points was three points clear of Robert Clark and John Ellis, who secured second place.
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 Tractors take to the streets to raise money for hospital
- 3 Royston judoka Reid relishing Commonwealth Games chance
- 4 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 5 Royston Museum finally reopens following two-year closure
- 6 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 7 Bassingbourn Village College students win Pitch for the Prize competition
- 8 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 9 Citizens Advice: Your rights should anything get lost or delayed in the post
- 10 Plans for second multi-storey car park at Stevenage's Lister Hospital to help 'better meet demand'
Robin Christie and Nigel Thomas won third place on countback, with 35 points. Also scoring 35 points were the pairings of Tony Funston and Neil Skehel together with Peter Dean, and John Griffin.