Squad step up bid to be North Herts champs
GRENEWAY School s indoor athletics squad is right on track – and field – to secure the North Hertfordshire champions title. They have already secured the area title at a qualifying event at Fearnhill School in Letchworth, from which the top four schools p
GRENEWAY School's indoor athletics squad is right on track - and field - to secure the North Hertfordshire champions title.
They have already secured the area title at a qualifying event at Fearnhill School in Letchworth, from which the top four schools progress to compete in the regional final.
Convincing displays by both the girls and boys teams, each placing first in their division, guaranteed the gold medal placing.
The Year 6 pupils saw off teams from Wymondley, Radburn, Pixmore, Purwell, Fearnhill, and Offley to take top spot.
You may also want to watch:
The youngsters competed in a series of relay races, an obstacle course, and field events.
These included the standing long and triple-jumps, a speed bounce, balance bar, chest pushes, and foam javelin.
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Lidl targets new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Broadband speeds 15x faster than average set to arrive thanks to major investment
- 5 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 6 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 7 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 8 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
- 9 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 10 Citizens Advice North Herts reopens Royston office
Each competitor undertook three events, with each pupil's distances and times combining to determine places and points which fed back into an overall team score.
Greneway will now be looking to take top spot in the North Hertfordshire final, to be held at Knights Templar School, Baldock on March 12.