Squad step up bid to be North Herts champs
GRENEWAY School s indoor athletics squad is right on track – and field – to secure the North Hertfordshire champions title. They have already secured the area title at a qualifying event at Fearnhill School in Letchworth, from which the top four schools p
GRENEWAY School's indoor athletics squad is right on track - and field - to secure the North Hertfordshire champions title.
They have already secured the area title at a qualifying event at Fearnhill School in Letchworth, from which the top four schools progress to compete in the regional final.
Convincing displays by both the girls and boys teams, each placing first in their division, guaranteed the gold medal placing.
The Year 6 pupils saw off teams from Wymondley, Radburn, Pixmore, Purwell, Fearnhill, and Offley to take top spot.
You may also want to watch:
The youngsters competed in a series of relay races, an obstacle course, and field events.
These included the standing long and triple-jumps, a speed bounce, balance bar, chest pushes, and foam javelin.
- 1 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 2 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 3 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 4 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 5 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 6 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 7 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 8 Herts libraries service could be transferred to public service mutual
- 9 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 10 Chocks away! Phillips and Nunn bag Spitfire Salver at Heydon Grange Golf Club
Each competitor undertook three events, with each pupil's distances and times combining to determine places and points which fed back into an overall team score.
Greneway will now be looking to take top spot in the North Hertfordshire final, to be held at Knights Templar School, Baldock on March 12.