Squad reach festival final
ROYSTON Rugby Club under-nines reached the final of the Northampton Rugby Festival. The Crows were invited to the tournament following their previous success in the Cambridgeshire County Cup, and continued to shine winning their three pool games against
ROYSTON Rugby Club under-nines reached the final of the Northampton Rugby Festival.
The Crows were invited to the tournament following their previous success in the Cambridgeshire County Cup, and continued to shine winning their three pool games against Northampton Casuals, Wellingborough and Daventry, and their semi final with a strong Diss side.
It was a hard-fought semi final, and again Royston showed their strong defensive game which allowed their forwards time, with Edward Shannon, Ashley Jones, captain William Tyrell and Jamie Drage helping them to a narrow but deserved win.
In the final, Royston came up against another strong team in Rushden and Higham, and they were immediately in front when Tyrell went over for a brilliant try.
You may also want to watch:
However, Rushden fought back and as a result they were soon back in the game with their own well-taken try.
Shannon almost restored Royston's lead with a fantastic solo run from deep within his own half, but was unfortunately tackled just before the Rushden line.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 3 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 4 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 5 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 6 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 7 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 8 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 9 Help on offer for residents as Universal Credit cut looms
- 10 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
Royston eventually tired and they fell behind when Rushden added another try, which proved to be the winner despite The Crows bravely battling until the end.