Spirited Royston lose to Team Beds
Team Beds 37 Royston 26 A DEPLETED Royston Town fought well but were eventually beaten by Team Beds in Bedford. Despite being ravaged by injuries and absentees – the squad was left with just eight members – the visitors still managed to start the game at
Team Beds 37 Royston 26
A DEPLETED Royston Town fought well but were eventually beaten by Team Beds in Bedford.
Despite being ravaged by injuries and absentees - the squad was left with just eight members - the visitors still managed to start the game at a high tempo and at the end of the quarter led the game 8-7.
During the second half Royston continued to put in an energetic shift, with Jo Moxham, Emma Winser and Jackie Huttlestone all working tirelessly in defence, and at the halfway stage the scoreline was 18-17 in Team Beds' favour.
You may also want to watch:
In the third quarter Team Beds made use of their extensive squad by bringing on new players, and the tactic worked against the tired legs of Royston.
In the fourth quarter of the game Royston brought on their own little bundle of energy in the form of Regan Rooney, but it was too little too late from a spirited Royston team.
- 1 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 2 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 3 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 4 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 5 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 6 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 7 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 8 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
- 9 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 10 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing