Spirited effort ends in defeat
Royston started the first quarter with their usual spirit and determination, and as a result were soon in front – but they finally went down 46-30 against a strong Team Beds. Early goals from Tracy Stimson and Emma Kelly soon had Royston off the mark, a
Royston started the first quarter with their usual spirit and determination, and as a result were soon in front - but they finally went down 46-30 against a strong Team Beds.
Early goals from Tracy Stimson and Emma Kelly soon had Royston off the mark, as Jackie Huttlestone and Carol Parcell created room in attack.
But Royston went into the second quarter trailing by three goals with Natalie Williams and Karen Hume joining the action.
Royston's defence of Jo Moxham, Anna Pinner and Emma Highton had to be on top form.
You may also want to watch:
The quarter remained another tight affair as both teams jostled for possession. But Team Beds' three-goal lead had increased to five before the break.
In the next two quarters Royston unfortunately fell behind even further, as the league leaders extended their lead with ease. However, Royston continued to battle on with player-of-the-match Moxham hassling Team Beds at every opportunity.
- 1 Let's go fly a kite as annual festival is set to return
- 2 Filming taking place at National Trust's Wimpole Estate
- 3 National Trust reveal theft of 'historic items' and damage to Wimpole Hall
- 4 How many children are living in poverty in North Herts?
- 5 Parish councils react to High Court decision that councils must meet in person
- 6 Car wash raids spark modern slavery fears in Cambridgeshire
- 7 'Dawning of a new era' as Melbourn Community Hub prepares to reopen
- 8 Who is standing in Royston Town Council Meridian ward election?
- 9 Michael Portillo's Great British Railway Journeys visits Cambridge on BBC Two this week
- 10 Candidates in North Herts prepare to stand for county council elections
Royston: Kelly, Stimson, Huttlestone, Hume, Williams, Parcell, Highton, Moxham, Pinner.