Spirited effort ends in defeat
Royston started the first quarter with their usual spirit and determination, and as a result were soon in front – but they finally went down 46-30 against a strong Team Beds. Early goals from Tracy Stimson and Emma Kelly soon had Royston off the mark, a
Royston started the first quarter with their usual spirit and determination, and as a result were soon in front - but they finally went down 46-30 against a strong Team Beds.
Early goals from Tracy Stimson and Emma Kelly soon had Royston off the mark, as Jackie Huttlestone and Carol Parcell created room in attack.
But Royston went into the second quarter trailing by three goals with Natalie Williams and Karen Hume joining the action.
Royston's defence of Jo Moxham, Anna Pinner and Emma Highton had to be on top form.
You may also want to watch:
The quarter remained another tight affair as both teams jostled for possession. But Team Beds' three-goal lead had increased to five before the break.
In the next two quarters Royston unfortunately fell behind even further, as the league leaders extended their lead with ease. However, Royston continued to battle on with player-of-the-match Moxham hassling Team Beds at every opportunity.
- 1 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 2 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 3 Safety concerns continue in final days of travel hub consultation
- 4 Village school's annual fayre is a big hit
- 5 Margaret House residential home celebrates 50th anniversary milestone
- 6 Exploring the medieval graffiti of North Herts' historic churches
- 7 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 8 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 9 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 10 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
Royston: Kelly, Stimson, Huttlestone, Hume, Williams, Parcell, Highton, Moxham, Pinner.