Snooker - Pot luck for Daniel as he scoops prize
BASSINGBOURN snooker ace Daniel Locke was right on cue at Pontin s winning the title of Young Snooker Champion 2006. The 17-year-old competed in the 15-17 year age group at the grand final held at the company s Prestatyn Sands centre in North Wales last m
BASSINGBOURN snooker ace Daniel Locke was right on cue at Pontin's winning the title of Young Snooker Champion 2006.
The 17-year-old competed in the 15-17 year age group at the grand final held at the company's Prestatyn Sands centre in North Wales last month.
Daniel triumphed over 26 other competitors who had returned to the finals having won heats in the competition which attracted hundreds of entrants at the eight Pontin's centres over the summer.
In the final, he beat Scott Lyons from Leicester three frames to two. He received a cheque for £100 and the winner's trophy.
His hobbies are snooker and pool and Daniel is a member of the Cambridge Snooker Centre and a pupil at Hills Road VI Form College.
- 1 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 2 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 3 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 4 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 5 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 6 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 7 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 8 Herts, camera, action! Turning film fantasy into reality with new screen tourism development programme
- 9 EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett reunited on stage in Looking Good Dead at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 10 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden