Snooker - Pot luck for Daniel as he scoops prize
BASSINGBOURN snooker ace Daniel Locke was right on cue at Pontin s winning the title of Young Snooker Champion 2006. The 17-year-old competed in the 15-17 year age group at the grand final held at the company s Prestatyn Sands centre in North Wales last m
BASSINGBOURN snooker ace Daniel Locke was right on cue at Pontin's winning the title of Young Snooker Champion 2006.
The 17-year-old competed in the 15-17 year age group at the grand final held at the company's Prestatyn Sands centre in North Wales last month.
Daniel triumphed over 26 other competitors who had returned to the finals having won heats in the competition which attracted hundreds of entrants at the eight Pontin's centres over the summer.
In the final, he beat Scott Lyons from Leicester three frames to two. He received a cheque for £100 and the winner's trophy.
You may also want to watch:
His hobbies are snooker and pool and Daniel is a member of the Cambridge Snooker Centre and a pupil at Hills Road VI Form College.
- 1 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 2 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 4 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 5 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 6 Village leader awarded BEM for community centre build and more
- 7 Could you help preserve ponds in Reed?
- 8 Agricultural expert 'over the moon' with MBE
- 9 Community stalwart who led national effort to help navy veterans during pandemic receives BEM
- 10 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College