Snooker - Pot luck for Daniel as he scoops prize
BASSINGBOURN snooker ace Daniel Locke was right on cue at Pontin s winning the title of Young Snooker Champion 2006. The 17-year-old competed in the 15-17 year age group at the grand final held at the company s Prestatyn Sands centre in North Wales last m
BASSINGBOURN snooker ace Daniel Locke was right on cue at Pontin's winning the title of Young Snooker Champion 2006.
The 17-year-old competed in the 15-17 year age group at the grand final held at the company's Prestatyn Sands centre in North Wales last month.
Daniel triumphed over 26 other competitors who had returned to the finals having won heats in the competition which attracted hundreds of entrants at the eight Pontin's centres over the summer.
In the final, he beat Scott Lyons from Leicester three frames to two. He received a cheque for £100 and the winner's trophy.
You may also want to watch:
His hobbies are snooker and pool and Daniel is a member of the Cambridge Snooker Centre and a pupil at Hills Road VI Form College.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 5 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 6 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 7 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 8 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 9 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims