Smiles all round for Jolly Boys
Kitsonians 1 Edward Jolly Boys 3 VB Trophy Sunday League Division 2B THE Edward Jolly Boys continued their recent run of good form with a battling performance and three fine goals. On a sticky pitch it was the home side that arguably started the better al
Kitsonians 1 Edward Jolly Boys 3
VB Trophy Sunday League Division 2B
THE Edward Jolly Boys continued their recent run of good form with a battling performance and three fine goals.
On a sticky pitch it was the home side that arguably started the better although they never really threatened the Boys' goal.
You may also want to watch:
As the half progressed the Jollies found their tempo and when a Craig Ellis through ball found Gary Radford on the edge of the box he dispatched it past the helpless goalkeeper with a great strike.
The away team continued to press although the front two of Radford and Paul Gibson failed to add to the tally.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 5 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 6 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 7 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 8 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 9 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
A lacklustre start to the second half from the Jollies saw Kitsonians get back into the game when a corner was forced home after a powerful header beat goalkeeper Dave Fallon.
This seemed to galvanise the Jollies and with Danny Easter taking control of midfield they struck twice in the last 20 minutes to secure all three points.
Firstly an outstanding cross from Andy Knight was met in a similar fashion when Stephen Cooke's diving header put them ahead, and Cooke then had a chance to wrap up proceedings after a great piece of skill left the goal gaping only for him to blaze the ball over.
It was left to Gibson to wrap up proceedings when he chased down a seemingly lost cause to round the goalkeeper before coolly chipping the ball home from a tight angle.
This result keeps the Jollies in second place in Division 2B and still on the hunt for back-to-back promotions.
Edward Jolly Boys: Fallon, Knight, Bramwell, Lombari, Saward, Easter, Ellis, Cooke, Gibson, Radford, Butler.