Slam dunking success for Greneway
GRENEWAY S Year 7 basketball team continued their excellent start to the season with a 57-24 hammering of visitors Barnwell School (Stevenage) last week. The first period started at a frenetic pace as Greneway produced some fine passing moves to take a 22
GRENEWAY'S Year 7 basketball team continued their excellent start to the season with a 57-24 hammering of visitors Barnwell School (Stevenage) last week.
The first period started at a frenetic pace as Greneway produced some fine passing moves to take a 22-8 lead into the first break.
The second quarter was a much tighter affair as both teams worked hard to penetrate the tough defences.
Still the hosts were able to move the ball quickly at times to create clear scoring opportunities.
You may also want to watch:
The dribble was less evident than against Heathcote, as valuable lessons had been learnt.
The half-time interval was reached with Greneway in control at 32-14.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 5 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 6 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 7 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 8 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 9 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 10 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
Experimentation was the key for the third period, as different player combinations were tried and developed.
This inevitably led to a more disjointed team performance but one which still dominated the game to go into the final break at 50 - 17.
The final phase of the match saw the valiant Barnwell players continuing to play hard and Greneway showing the cutting edge and composure to extend their winning start with some style with a comfortable victory.
Matt Brennan and Kieran Willis-Wright led the scoring with 10 points apiece, with Liam Purkiss chipping in with nine.