Slam dunking success for Greneway
GRENEWAY S Year 7 basketball team continued their excellent start to the season with a 57-24 hammering of visitors Barnwell School (Stevenage) last week. The first period started at a frenetic pace as Greneway produced some fine passing moves to take a 22
GRENEWAY'S Year 7 basketball team continued their excellent start to the season with a 57-24 hammering of visitors Barnwell School (Stevenage) last week.
The first period started at a frenetic pace as Greneway produced some fine passing moves to take a 22-8 lead into the first break.
The second quarter was a much tighter affair as both teams worked hard to penetrate the tough defences.
Still the hosts were able to move the ball quickly at times to create clear scoring opportunities.
You may also want to watch:
The dribble was less evident than against Heathcote, as valuable lessons had been learnt.
The half-time interval was reached with Greneway in control at 32-14.
- 1 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 2 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 3 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 4 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 5 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 6 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 7 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 8 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
- 9 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 10 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
Experimentation was the key for the third period, as different player combinations were tried and developed.
This inevitably led to a more disjointed team performance but one which still dominated the game to go into the final break at 50 - 17.
The final phase of the match saw the valiant Barnwell players continuing to play hard and Greneway showing the cutting edge and composure to extend their winning start with some style with a comfortable victory.
Matt Brennan and Kieran Willis-Wright led the scoring with 10 points apiece, with Liam Purkiss chipping in with nine.