Skipper Drage: We let each other down
Royston 1 Stevenage II 2 ROYSTON slumped to their first defeat of the season with a below-par display on Saturday (October 21). The hosts should have taken a two-goal lead early on, but failed to convert their chances. Stevenage put Royston under pressu
Royston 1 Stevenage II 2
ROYSTON slumped to their first defeat of the season with a below-par display on Saturday (October 21).
The hosts should have taken a two-goal lead early on, but failed to convert their chances.
Stevenage put Royston under pressure without managing to threaten their goal, protected by man-of-the-match Nick Broadley.
You may also want to watch:
The home side finally took the lead when Nick Ross converted a penalty.
Royston should have put the game beyond Stevenage, as a whole host of scoring opportunities went begging.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 5 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 6 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 7 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 8 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 9 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 10 Hunt the hearts at town trail to raise money for charity
But their second half performance was their worst of the season.
Stevenage equalised from the penalty spot, which boosted their confidence as they took control of the game.
The hosts fell back into old habits, giving possession away cheaply and losing their shape.
Gary Pinner made some fine saves in the Royston goal, but failed to keep out a late winner from Stevenage.
Royston skipper Andy Drage said: "Losing is all part of the game, but we let each other down today.
"I am looking forward to a top performance this week at Harpenden".