Skiing - Summer on the slopes
IPSWICH Ski Slope hosted the round of the ERSA summer league races on Sunday, and Bassingbourn Ski Club was well represented with 15 racers. It was a taster for Jordan Lewis and her brother Robbie, and only the second race for Sasha Lucie-Smith. Despite
IPSWICH Ski Slope hosted the round of the ERSA summer league races on Sunday, and Bassingbourn Ski Club was well represented with 15 racers.
It was a taster for Jordan Lewis and her brother Robbie, and only the second race for Sasha Lucie-Smith.
Despite a very hot day the racers did well, Peter Thompson coming away with a gold in this age group, and Mike Smith gaining a bronze in his age group.
By the time they had set the course for the dual slalom it had been a gruelling day, but Bassingbourn put three teams forward, with the junior team consisting of Ben Ritsema, Daniel Ritsema and Craig Wallduck, children's team Sasha Lucie-Smith, Ross Lucie-Smith, Lucy Wood, Matthew Wood and Jack Conway and the seniors team Peter Thompson, Mike Smith, Tim Evans, Andrew McGarvie and Daniel Norton.
You may also want to watch:
The junior team was at a disadvantage, having only members as opposed to the five allowed and although they gave the Suffolk club a good run for their money they did not get placed.
However, the senior team won the first round against Brentwood and then went on to beat Norfolk and win gold.
- 1 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 2 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 3 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 4 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 5 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 6 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 7 Cooling caps appeal to reduce chemo patients' hair loss
- 8 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 9 Socially-distanced festival is a welcome return to pre-pandemic good times
- 10 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
For further information on snow sports activities please contact our Bookings Office on 01462 618091 or www.skibass.org