Skiing - Summer on the slopes
IPSWICH Ski Slope hosted the round of the ERSA summer league races on Sunday, and Bassingbourn Ski Club was well represented with 15 racers. It was a taster for Jordan Lewis and her brother Robbie, and only the second race for Sasha Lucie-Smith. Despite
IPSWICH Ski Slope hosted the round of the ERSA summer league races on Sunday, and Bassingbourn Ski Club was well represented with 15 racers.
It was a taster for Jordan Lewis and her brother Robbie, and only the second race for Sasha Lucie-Smith.
Despite a very hot day the racers did well, Peter Thompson coming away with a gold in this age group, and Mike Smith gaining a bronze in his age group.
By the time they had set the course for the dual slalom it had been a gruelling day, but Bassingbourn put three teams forward, with the junior team consisting of Ben Ritsema, Daniel Ritsema and Craig Wallduck, children's team Sasha Lucie-Smith, Ross Lucie-Smith, Lucy Wood, Matthew Wood and Jack Conway and the seniors team Peter Thompson, Mike Smith, Tim Evans, Andrew McGarvie and Daniel Norton.
The junior team was at a disadvantage, having only members as opposed to the five allowed and although they gave the Suffolk club a good run for their money they did not get placed.
However, the senior team won the first round against Brentwood and then went on to beat Norfolk and win gold.
- 1 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 2 North East Herts MP declares 'loss of confidence' in PM
- 3 School to make 'wide-ranging changes' following Ofsted inspection
- 4 Health at the Hub project launched in Melbourn
- 5 Fowlmere residents voice objections to housing development
- 6 Chancellor and health secretary dramatically quit
- 7 Tesco Community Garden to hold weekend celebration
- 8 Cambridge Summer Music Festival 2022 brings world-class classical performers to Cambridgeshire
- 9 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 10 Kite Festival set to return to Royston next month
For further information on snow sports activities please contact our Bookings Office on 01462 618091 or www.skibass.org