Six goals - but we were poor, says Drage
Stevenage II 0 Royston 6 DESPITE knocking Stevenage s second team for six, Royston skipper Andy Drage called his team s performance extremely poor . Fortunately for Royston, Stevenage were far worse. Royston rose to second in the league following this co
Stevenage II 0 Royston 6
DESPITE knocking Stevenage's second team for six, Royston skipper Andy Drage called his team's performance "extremely poor".
Fortunately for Royston, Stevenage were far worse.
Royston rose to second in the league following this comprehensive victory, which began with an early goal from Owen Russell.
You may also want to watch:
The opener was quickly followed up by James Yarrow, who stepped up from defence for the second.
Two more goals from Russell and one apiece from Nick Ross and Nick Hurd completed the rout, but the team is aware it can improve after losing its shape in the second half.
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 3 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 4 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 5 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 6 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 7 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 10 Help on offer for residents as Universal Credit cut looms
Royston IV 2 Letchworth IV 0
ROYSTON continued their good form with victory over a stronger than expected Letchworth side.
Keith Markham delivered a man-of-the-match performance, making the first goal for Colin Bateman and then taking his own mid-way through the second half.
Royston continue to push for the top, but with players out through injury and unavailability, this week's game at Harpenden could be a very different story.
Royston V 1 Letchworth V 2
A GOOD performance from Royston was not enough to prise any points away from Letchworth.
Despite the away team going ahead courtesy of an early goal, Royston came back well and just before half-time Nigel Phillips scored a fine goal from open play to make it all square.
But Letchworth grabbed a late goal, giving Royston no time to respond.
Berkhamsted and Hemel 0 Royston Ladies 2
TWO first-half goals were enough to secure Royston a win, but the margin of victory should have been wider.
The home team matched Royston for speed and strength, but were denied by player of the match, Royston's Harriet Shipley.
Royston's first goal came from Kirsty Penfold and their second from one of the team's many short corners, both being scored in the first half.
Royston Ladies II 6 Welwyn II 1
A fine display by four-goal Lucy Davidson helped Royston record their first win of the season.
Davidson was joined on the scoresheet by Clare Perry and Sarah Warren in a resounding victory.
Royston Ladies III 0
ROYSTON lost to a goal midway through the first half.
After the break they were the stronger team and forced several short corners with shots on goal, but were unable to convert them.