Six goal shared by Great Shelford and Steeple Morden
Great Shelford A 3 Steeple Morden 3 STEEPLE Morden were entertained by a youthful Shelford side on another strength sapping warm Saturday afternoon. The game started well for Steeple when Ben Holt set up Frankie Berry to head home his fourth goal of the s
Great Shelford A 3 Steeple Morden 3
STEEPLE Morden were entertained by a youthful Shelford side on another strength sapping warm Saturday afternoon.
The game started well for Steeple when Ben Holt set up Frankie Berry to head home his fourth goal of the season from three yards after only six minutes.
Shelford restored parity however, after Chris Poulter, making his first team debut in goal, brought down a Shelford forward conceding a penalty which was duly despatched.
Great Shelford took the lead for the first time in the game when a corner was poorly defended and the ball was poked home but Steeple captain Dom Holt drew the sides level again from another corner just before half time.
Stuart Cooke provided a pinpoint delivery for Dom Holt to drive the ball into the bottom right hand corner from the edge of the area.
- 1 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 2 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 3 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 4 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 5 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 6 Meet the couple who won holidays by the sea for a year
- 7 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 8 Former heavyweight boxing champ to support hospice with charity dinner
- 9 'We must learn to live with Covid' says health secretary on Plan B's end
- 10 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
With about 20 minutes of the second half to play, substitute Jack Tidey put the visitors ahead with a fine volleyed chip over the home goalkeeper.
But they were unable to put the game to bed and paid the penalty when a long clearance from the home shot stopper deceived the Steeple back line and was latched onto by a Shelford striker who fired the ball home.
Steeple Morden: Poulter, Clark (Tidey), Donald, Hutley, Oxenford, Cooke, Prothero, D Holt, Chapman, Berry, B Holt. Unused Subs: Thorp, Watters.