Six goal shared by Great Shelford and Steeple Morden
Great Shelford A 3 Steeple Morden 3 STEEPLE Morden were entertained by a youthful Shelford side on another strength sapping warm Saturday afternoon. The game started well for Steeple when Ben Holt set up Frankie Berry to head home his fourth goal of the s
Great Shelford A 3 Steeple Morden 3
STEEPLE Morden were entertained by a youthful Shelford side on another strength sapping warm Saturday afternoon.
The game started well for Steeple when Ben Holt set up Frankie Berry to head home his fourth goal of the season from three yards after only six minutes.
Shelford restored parity however, after Chris Poulter, making his first team debut in goal, brought down a Shelford forward conceding a penalty which was duly despatched.
Great Shelford took the lead for the first time in the game when a corner was poorly defended and the ball was poked home but Steeple captain Dom Holt drew the sides level again from another corner just before half time.
Stuart Cooke provided a pinpoint delivery for Dom Holt to drive the ball into the bottom right hand corner from the edge of the area.
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 3 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 4 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 5 Royston Bloomsday marks 100th anniversary of James Joyce's novel
- 6 Vehicles, greenhouse and fence 'smashed' in Royston
- 7 Can you complete the Census 2021 map game?
- 8 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 9 Little Seedlings workshops to teach budding gardeners this summer
- 10 Duke and Duchess of Cambridge view portrait of themselves at Fitzwilliam Museum
With about 20 minutes of the second half to play, substitute Jack Tidey put the visitors ahead with a fine volleyed chip over the home goalkeeper.
But they were unable to put the game to bed and paid the penalty when a long clearance from the home shot stopper deceived the Steeple back line and was latched onto by a Shelford striker who fired the ball home.
Steeple Morden: Poulter, Clark (Tidey), Donald, Hutley, Oxenford, Cooke, Prothero, D Holt, Chapman, Berry, B Holt. Unused Subs: Thorp, Watters.