Six goal shared by Great Shelford and Steeple Morden
Great Shelford A 3 Steeple Morden 3 STEEPLE Morden were entertained by a youthful Shelford side on another strength sapping warm Saturday afternoon. The game started well for Steeple when Ben Holt set up Frankie Berry to head home his fourth goal of the s
Great Shelford A 3 Steeple Morden 3
STEEPLE Morden were entertained by a youthful Shelford side on another strength sapping warm Saturday afternoon.
The game started well for Steeple when Ben Holt set up Frankie Berry to head home his fourth goal of the season from three yards after only six minutes.
Shelford restored parity however, after Chris Poulter, making his first team debut in goal, brought down a Shelford forward conceding a penalty which was duly despatched.
You may also want to watch:
Great Shelford took the lead for the first time in the game when a corner was poorly defended and the ball was poked home but Steeple captain Dom Holt drew the sides level again from another corner just before half time.
Stuart Cooke provided a pinpoint delivery for Dom Holt to drive the ball into the bottom right hand corner from the edge of the area.
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 3 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 4 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 5 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 6 Get on your bike for the A10 Awareness Ride comeback
- 7 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 8 Council leader calls for 'kind and courteous' queuing for fuel
- 9 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 10 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
With about 20 minutes of the second half to play, substitute Jack Tidey put the visitors ahead with a fine volleyed chip over the home goalkeeper.
But they were unable to put the game to bed and paid the penalty when a long clearance from the home shot stopper deceived the Steeple back line and was latched onto by a Shelford striker who fired the ball home.
Steeple Morden: Poulter, Clark (Tidey), Donald, Hutley, Oxenford, Cooke, Prothero, D Holt, Chapman, Berry, B Holt. Unused Subs: Thorp, Watters.