Sisters shine in county gala
SISTERS Carina and Christie Bays helped Hertfordshire to a crushing victory at the 2008 Inter-County Schools Gala. The annual gala contested between Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire and Oxfordshire features swimmers from Years 5 to 8. And
SISTERS Carina and Christie Bays helped Hertfordshire to a crushing victory at the 2008 Inter-County Schools' Gala.
The annual gala contested between Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire and Oxfordshire features swimmers from Years 5 to 8.
And Carina and Christie who attend Edwinstree School in Buntingford, were instrumental as Hertfordshire retained the regional title for the third consecutive year.
The strong Hertfordshire squad dominated the gala winning all but six events that they entered.
You may also want to watch:
Thirteen-year-old Carina won the Year 8 Girls 50m breaststroke, and narrowly missed out on breaking the competition's record.
Christie, 11, and captain of the East Herts Girls primary school team, won the Year 6 girls breaststroke and in doing so broke the previous inter-school record by almost four seconds.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 3 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 4 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 5 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 6 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 7 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
The talented sisters also helped their team to a clean sweep of gold medals in the relay events, where Hertfordshire broke two more records.