Sisters shine in county gala
SISTERS Carina and Christie Bays helped Hertfordshire to a crushing victory at the 2008 Inter-County Schools Gala. The annual gala contested between Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire and Oxfordshire features swimmers from Years 5 to 8. And
SISTERS Carina and Christie Bays helped Hertfordshire to a crushing victory at the 2008 Inter-County Schools' Gala.
The annual gala contested between Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire and Oxfordshire features swimmers from Years 5 to 8.
And Carina and Christie who attend Edwinstree School in Buntingford, were instrumental as Hertfordshire retained the regional title for the third consecutive year.
The strong Hertfordshire squad dominated the gala winning all but six events that they entered.
Thirteen-year-old Carina won the Year 8 Girls 50m breaststroke, and narrowly missed out on breaking the competition's record.
Christie, 11, and captain of the East Herts Girls primary school team, won the Year 6 girls breaststroke and in doing so broke the previous inter-school record by almost four seconds.
- 1 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 2 Bank of England warns people have 100 days to use old £20 and £50 notes
- 3 Stansted Airport and Cambridge trains disrupted after tree falls on tracks
- 4 Pictures of Duxford Summer Air Show 2022 at IWM Duxford
- 5 Artists open up in record numbers for Cambridge Open Studios 2022
- 6 Teen attacked couple with glasses at Royston pub
- 7 Wanted burglar caught in Grafton Centre with 'hoard of stolen goods'
- 8 IN PICTURES: Wills and Kate visit Cambridgeshire's first County Day
- 9 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 10 Careless driver was 'using phone' when she killed Cambridge cyclist
The talented sisters also helped their team to a clean sweep of gold medals in the relay events, where Hertfordshire broke two more records.