Sisters shine in county gala
SISTERS Carina and Christie Bays helped Hertfordshire to a crushing victory at the 2008 Inter-County Schools Gala. The annual gala contested between Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire and Oxfordshire features swimmers from Years 5 to 8. And
SISTERS Carina and Christie Bays helped Hertfordshire to a crushing victory at the 2008 Inter-County Schools' Gala.
The annual gala contested between Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire and Oxfordshire features swimmers from Years 5 to 8.
And Carina and Christie who attend Edwinstree School in Buntingford, were instrumental as Hertfordshire retained the regional title for the third consecutive year.
The strong Hertfordshire squad dominated the gala winning all but six events that they entered.
Thirteen-year-old Carina won the Year 8 Girls 50m breaststroke, and narrowly missed out on breaking the competition's record.
Christie, 11, and captain of the East Herts Girls primary school team, won the Year 6 girls breaststroke and in doing so broke the previous inter-school record by almost four seconds.
- 1 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 2 Ian Stewart murder trial: Diane 'suffered lack of oxygen for up to an hour'
- 3 Hundreds in Herts fined for breaking lockdown rules
- 4 Meldreth mental health cancer support charity appoints first patron
- 5 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 6 Fake Dyson Airwrap and Primark baby toy among recent recalled items
- 7 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 8 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 9 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 10 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
The talented sisters also helped their team to a clean sweep of gold medals in the relay events, where Hertfordshire broke two more records.