Sisters shine in county gala
SISTERS Carina and Christie Bays helped Hertfordshire to a crushing victory at the 2008 Inter-County Schools Gala. The annual gala contested between Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire and Oxfordshire features swimmers from Years 5 to 8. And
SISTERS Carina and Christie Bays helped Hertfordshire to a crushing victory at the 2008 Inter-County Schools' Gala.
The annual gala contested between Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire and Oxfordshire features swimmers from Years 5 to 8.
And Carina and Christie who attend Edwinstree School in Buntingford, were instrumental as Hertfordshire retained the regional title for the third consecutive year.
The strong Hertfordshire squad dominated the gala winning all but six events that they entered.
You may also want to watch:
Thirteen-year-old Carina won the Year 8 Girls 50m breaststroke, and narrowly missed out on breaking the competition's record.
Christie, 11, and captain of the East Herts Girls primary school team, won the Year 6 girls breaststroke and in doing so broke the previous inter-school record by almost four seconds.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 3 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 4 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 5 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 6 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 7 Royal Ascot: ones to watch on final day
- 8 Comedy festival IS going ahead - with Covid-safe measures in place
- 9 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 10 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
The talented sisters also helped their team to a clean sweep of gold medals in the relay events, where Hertfordshire broke two more records.