Silverware up for grabs at Heydon Grange Golf Club for the ladies
- Credit: Archant
Heydon Grange Golf club’s ladies battled for two pieces of silverware in two stableford competitions.
The Midweek Challenge was for those golfers with handicaps up to 24 while the Borham Salver was open to handicaps between 25 and 36.
And the heat of battle was played out on a beautiful summers day at the Fowlmere Road-based club with some excellent scores resulting from the good conditions.
The winner of the Midweek Challenge after count back to Carol Miller was Mandy Handscombe with 34 points.
Count back was also needed to decide the winner of the Borham salver, Maureen Robbins taking the honour ahead of Kiki Yeun with 38 points.
You may also want to watch:
The nearest the pin prize was won by Tineka Westerhuis while Handscombe added to her collection with the win in the longest drive competition.
The competitions were followed by an excellent meal in the club which was enjoyed by all.
- 1 Village school's annual fayre is a big hit
- 2 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 3 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 4 Safety concerns continue in final days of travel hub consultation
- 5 Margaret House residential home celebrates 50th anniversary milestone
- 6 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 7 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 8 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 9 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 10 Hunt the hearts at town trail to raise money for charity