Silverware up for grabs at Heydon Grange Golf Club for the ladies
- Credit: Archant
Heydon Grange Golf club’s ladies battled for two pieces of silverware in two stableford competitions.
The Midweek Challenge was for those golfers with handicaps up to 24 while the Borham Salver was open to handicaps between 25 and 36.
And the heat of battle was played out on a beautiful summers day at the Fowlmere Road-based club with some excellent scores resulting from the good conditions.
The winner of the Midweek Challenge after count back to Carol Miller was Mandy Handscombe with 34 points.
Count back was also needed to decide the winner of the Borham salver, Maureen Robbins taking the honour ahead of Kiki Yeun with 38 points.
You may also want to watch:
The nearest the pin prize was won by Tineka Westerhuis while Handscombe added to her collection with the win in the longest drive competition.
The competitions were followed by an excellent meal in the club which was enjoyed by all.
- 1 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 5 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 6 Say this secret phrase and get a free pint for the first game of the Euros
- 7 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 8 Sign up to village duathlon and raise funds for Home-Start
- 9 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 10 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?