Silverstone podium for Sarah
Steeple Morden-based racer makes podium at Championship Finals
STEEPLE MORDEN-based racer Sarah Bennett-Baggs enjoyed an exciting afternoon in the recent GT Cup Championship Finals at Silverstone.
Sarah drove her M3 E46 BMW which is sponsored by Adrian Flux an achieved two podium finishes, a class win, a top 10 finish and the fastest lap in race one.
She did well to avoid a number of accidents involving other racers during the day and also did well to cope with the elements throughout.
She has now completed seven seasons of GT racing covering Britcar, Production Saloons, Dutch Supercar Challenge, Porsche Club Championship and two years in the GT Cup including three 24-hour races. Sarah born in Royston, schooled at Bassingbourn VC and recently moved back to the village after a few years away to set up her own PR & Social Media Marketing Business - RPM12.
You may also want to watch:
Sarah was delighted with her own performance at Silverstone but also paid special tribute to her team and sponsors. “It’s been a great finale for the 2010 season,” she said.
“To get two podium finishes, the car has been fantastic and we really shone this weekend, maybe the 24hrs of running in the wet helped!
- 1 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 2 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 3 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 5 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 6 Labour organiser criticises Labour mayor for hiring a Tory as deputy
- 7 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 8 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
- 9 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 10 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
“Thankfully we avoided all the accidents today and Butler Motorsport have done a great job all year, special thanks to for Adrian Flux for sponsoring me through the season.”