Silver success for Emma
A BATTLING display by Melbourn Judo Club s Emma Reid earned her a silver medal at the British Championships held in Sheffield at the weekend. Competing in the girls under-25kg12-13-year-old category, Emma managed to get to the final using new techniques
A BATTLING display by Melbourn Judo Club's Emma Reid earned her a silver medal at the British Championships held in Sheffield at the weekend.
Competing in the girls' under-25kg12-13-year-old category, Emma managed to get to the final using new techniques she learned at the hands of former World Judo Champion Jane Bridge the weekend before.
In the end she lost to the tenacious Cathy Jamieson of the Pyrford Club.
The Melbourn club took three other members to the event, which was held at the IceSheffield arena.
First on the mat was Kristofer Francombe, who notched two wins before losing to Reece Sandy of Redbridge.
Despite good performances in the girls under-60kg contest, neither Megan Sorensen nor Alex Hill was able to claim a medal.
- 1 Hundreds in Herts fined for breaking lockdown rules
- 2 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 3 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 4 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 5 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 6 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 7 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 8 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 9 EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett reunited on stage in Looking Good Dead at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 10 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
Senior club coach Lesley Reid, who accompanied the players to the event, said: "All of our club coaches are very proud of them, and they should be very pleased with themselves.