Silver success for Emma
A BATTLING display by Melbourn Judo Club s Emma Reid earned her a silver medal at the British Championships held in Sheffield at the weekend. Competing in the girls under-25kg12-13-year-old category, Emma managed to get to the final using new techniques
A BATTLING display by Melbourn Judo Club's Emma Reid earned her a silver medal at the British Championships held in Sheffield at the weekend.
Competing in the girls' under-25kg12-13-year-old category, Emma managed to get to the final using new techniques she learned at the hands of former World Judo Champion Jane Bridge the weekend before.
In the end she lost to the tenacious Cathy Jamieson of the Pyrford Club.
The Melbourn club took three other members to the event, which was held at the IceSheffield arena.
You may also want to watch:
First on the mat was Kristofer Francombe, who notched two wins before losing to Reece Sandy of Redbridge.
Despite good performances in the girls under-60kg contest, neither Megan Sorensen nor Alex Hill was able to claim a medal.
- 1 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 6 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 7 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
- 8 Award-winning CADS production at Royston Arts Festival
- 9 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
Senior club coach Lesley Reid, who accompanied the players to the event, said: "All of our club coaches are very proud of them, and they should be very pleased with themselves.