Silver success for Emma
A BATTLING display by Melbourn Judo Club s Emma Reid earned her a silver medal at the British Championships held in Sheffield at the weekend. Competing in the girls under-25kg12-13-year-old category, Emma managed to get to the final using new techniques
A BATTLING display by Melbourn Judo Club's Emma Reid earned her a silver medal at the British Championships held in Sheffield at the weekend.
Competing in the girls' under-25kg12-13-year-old category, Emma managed to get to the final using new techniques she learned at the hands of former World Judo Champion Jane Bridge the weekend before.
In the end she lost to the tenacious Cathy Jamieson of the Pyrford Club.
The Melbourn club took three other members to the event, which was held at the IceSheffield arena.
You may also want to watch:
First on the mat was Kristofer Francombe, who notched two wins before losing to Reece Sandy of Redbridge.
Despite good performances in the girls under-60kg contest, neither Megan Sorensen nor Alex Hill was able to claim a medal.
- 1 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 2 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 3 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 4 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 5 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 6 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 7 Cooling caps appeal to reduce chemo patients' hair loss
- 8 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 9 Socially-distanced festival is a welcome return to pre-pandemic good times
- 10 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
Senior club coach Lesley Reid, who accompanied the players to the event, said: "All of our club coaches are very proud of them, and they should be very pleased with themselves.