Shelford’s wings clipped by in-form Metals
Fowlmere Metals 4 Shelford Falcons 1 METALS ended their poor run as Falcons wings were clipped on Sunday (October 29). As usual Metals got off to a slow start and conceded early on when a free kick was swung in and bundled into the net at the far post.
Fowlmere Metals 4
Shelford Falcons 1
METALS ended their poor run as Falcons' wings were clipped on Sunday (October 29).
As usual Metals got off to a slow start and conceded early on when a free kick was swung in and bundled into the net at the far post.
You may also want to watch:
The hosts were back on level terms within 10 minutes when a through ball from the impressive Rob Ellis found Adam Stokes who coolly chipped over the oncoming keeper.
Metals never looked back and controlled the game up until half time.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 3 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 4 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 5 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 6 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 7 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 8 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 9 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
- 10 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
The second period started as the first finished with Metals knocking the ball about confidently. It took only five minutes for Fowlmere to take the lead when a smart cross from Terry Woods was converted at the back post by Ellis.
It was all too easy for Metals now and after some lovely football Ricky Crotty ran through and tucked the ball away from a tight angle to make it 3-1.
Although the game was effectively over, Metals continued to play good football and cause problems and with five minutes remaining Stokes scored his second of the game after carrying the ball for 50 yards before playing a neat one-two with Dalton O'Brien and slotting passed the helpless keeper.