Shelford’s wings clipped by in-form Metals
Fowlmere Metals 4 Shelford Falcons 1 METALS ended their poor run as Falcons wings were clipped on Sunday (October 29). As usual Metals got off to a slow start and conceded early on when a free kick was swung in and bundled into the net at the far post.
Fowlmere Metals 4
Shelford Falcons 1
METALS ended their poor run as Falcons' wings were clipped on Sunday (October 29).
As usual Metals got off to a slow start and conceded early on when a free kick was swung in and bundled into the net at the far post.
You may also want to watch:
The hosts were back on level terms within 10 minutes when a through ball from the impressive Rob Ellis found Adam Stokes who coolly chipped over the oncoming keeper.
Metals never looked back and controlled the game up until half time.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 3 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 4 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 5 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 6 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 7 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 8 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 10 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
The second period started as the first finished with Metals knocking the ball about confidently. It took only five minutes for Fowlmere to take the lead when a smart cross from Terry Woods was converted at the back post by Ellis.
It was all too easy for Metals now and after some lovely football Ricky Crotty ran through and tucked the ball away from a tight angle to make it 3-1.
Although the game was effectively over, Metals continued to play good football and cause problems and with five minutes remaining Stokes scored his second of the game after carrying the ball for 50 yards before playing a neat one-two with Dalton O'Brien and slotting passed the helpless keeper.