Sheldon at his Best for Hormead
Playing with a depleted team made up of under-10s and under-nines, Hormead Hares under-10s took on BSCFC Rangers and Rovers. In the first game after going a goal behind they battled well in the second half to earn a 1-1 draw after Michael Hicks scored fol
Playing with a depleted team made up of under-10s and under-nines, Hormead Hares under-10s took on BSCFC Rangers and Rovers.
In the first game after going a goal behind they battled well in the second half to earn a 1-1 draw after Michael Hicks scored following an Owen Hughes pass.
The second match saw the hares run home 3-1 victors with goals from Sheldon Best, Jack Richardson and Charlie Hannam.
Special mention must go to under-nines Best, Hannam, Richardson and Owen Groves.
The Hares under-12s deserved more out of their match against Hitchin Lightning than the 2-1 result they got.
The Hares had the upper hand throughout the match and were unlucky to go behind in the closing minutes of the first half.
- 1 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 2 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 3 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 4 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 5 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 6 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 7 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 8 Herts, camera, action! Turning film fantasy into reality with new screen tourism development programme
- 9 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 10 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
Hitchin scored from a set piece in the second half and another all round great team performance saw the Hares fight to the end with Bryce Hagger scoring late on.