Fowlmere Metals 3 Litlington 3 THE honours were shared after a thrilling derby game on Sunday (November 26). Litlington drew first blood when Nicky Lobb converted from the spot after a silly challenge by Dave Plester. This seemed to wake Metals up and Terry Woods and
Fowlmere Metals 3 Litlington 3
THE honours were shared after a thrilling derby game on Sunday.
Litlington drew first blood when Nicky Lobb converted from the spot after a silly challenge by Dave Plester.
This seemed to wake Metals up and Terry Woods and Brad Jackson started controlling the midfield. Metals were having all the play and Adam Stokes was receiving a lot of the ball but could not find the back of the net.
The second half started much like the first with Litlington attacking constantly for the first 10 minutes and Nicky Lobb scored another two goals in quick succession - his pace proving too much for Metals defence.
Metals refused to give up and with 20 minutes left got back in the game when Van Der Merwe found Stokes, who outpaced the back four and slotted home.
- 1 Fowlmere residents voice objections to housing development
- 2 School to make 'wide-ranging changes' following Ofsted inspection
- 3 Kite Festival set to return to Royston next month
- 4 Citizens Advice: What to do if you have issues with delayed or cancelled flights
- 5 Tesco Community Garden to hold weekend celebration
- 6 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 7 Chancellor and health secretary dramatically quit
- 8 Health at the Hub project launched in Melbourn
- 9 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 10 How to check if your travel insurance covers airport strike delays
Metals were now out-playing Litlington with Terry Woods controlling the game from midfield to earn a second man-of-the-match award in a row. Metals second came from a Woods free kick when Jackson nodded over the advancing keeper.
Litlington were now hanging on and five minutes from time Metals completed a sensational comeback when Hunter came on and finished off the best move of the match.