Fowlmere Metals 3 Litlington 3 THE honours were shared after a thrilling derby game on Sunday (November 26). Litlington drew first blood when Nicky Lobb converted from the spot after a silly challenge by Dave Plester. This seemed to wake Metals up and Terry Woods and
Fowlmere Metals 3 Litlington 3
THE honours were shared after a thrilling derby game on Sunday.
Litlington drew first blood when Nicky Lobb converted from the spot after a silly challenge by Dave Plester.
This seemed to wake Metals up and Terry Woods and Brad Jackson started controlling the midfield. Metals were having all the play and Adam Stokes was receiving a lot of the ball but could not find the back of the net.
You may also want to watch:
The second half started much like the first with Litlington attacking constantly for the first 10 minutes and Nicky Lobb scored another two goals in quick succession - his pace proving too much for Metals defence.
Metals refused to give up and with 20 minutes left got back in the game when Van Der Merwe found Stokes, who outpaced the back four and slotted home.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 3 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 4 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 5 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 6 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 7 22-year-old sentenced for criminal damage in Melbourn
- 8 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 9 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 10 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
Metals were now out-playing Litlington with Terry Woods controlling the game from midfield to earn a second man-of-the-match award in a row. Metals second came from a Woods free kick when Jackson nodded over the advancing keeper.
Litlington were now hanging on and five minutes from time Metals completed a sensational comeback when Hunter came on and finished off the best move of the match.