Sewell gets Fowlmere off to winning start
BIS Division 1A
FOWLMERE kicked off their league campaign with a narrow 1-0 victory over Barrington on Saturday.
Playing in their new kit which was donated to them by Michael Curuk, of the club sponsor The Tea Pot Caf�, Fowlmere were good value for the three points after Josh Sewell’s solitary strike.
You may also want to watch:
Manager Sean Audley said afterwards: “I was pleased to win the game and was happy with how the team played. We had lots of chances to score more goals but Barrington’s goalkeeper played really well and kept them in the game on many occasions.”
Fowlmere now look forward to a tough game against RHS this Saturday at Fowlmere. Kick-off is at 3pm.
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Lidl targets new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 5 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 6 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 7 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 8 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 9 Broadband speeds 15x faster than average set to arrive thanks to major investment
- 10 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?