Seventh hell for Melbourn
HC Cougars U-11 7 Melbourn Dynamos Tigers 0 TIGERS travelled to HC Cougars for what proved to be a physical encounter including two penalties and a number of free kicks. The Tigers defence was the most tested in the first half with the Melbourn team goin
HC Cougars U-11 7 Melbourn Dynamos Tigers 0
TIGERS travelled to HC Cougars for what proved to be a physical encounter including two penalties and a number of free kicks.
The Tigers defence was the most tested in the first half with the Melbourn team going in two goals down at half-time due to a brace of own goals.
Despite committed defending by George Birch, Ben Cattley, Josh Jones and Jack Hammond the Cougars continued to increase the scoreline in the second half.
You may also want to watch:
The Tigers midfield started to make some ground with some neat passing, and the midfield action continued down the left side with Cameron Douglas feeding Josh Chamberlain, Chamberlain past two Cougars defenders to place a perfectly weighted cross for Adam Breeze who volleyed inches wide of the right hand post. Returning to goalkeeping duties for the Tigers was Sam Robinson who displayed some excellent skills between the sticks including a second half penalty save, Tigers man-of-the-match, Robinson judged the strike correctly, diving low to his left to palm the ball to safety.
Despite the scoreline this game saw action at both ends of the pitch, including its own fair share in the middle of the park.
- 1 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 2 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 3 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 4 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 5 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 6 Cooling caps appeal to reduce chemo patients' hair loss
- 7 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 8 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 9 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 10 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court