Setback for Lewis
ROYSTON S Ryan Lewis rounded off his 2007 Champ Car Atlantic season with a top 10 finish at Road America on Sunday. Lewis started the race from 10th position on the grid and made his way to fourth spot. But the 23-year-old received a penalty for blocking
ROYSTON'S Ryan Lewis rounded off his 2007 Champ Car Atlantic season with a top 10 finish at Road America on Sunday.
Lewis started the race from 10th position on the grid and made his way to fourth spot. But the 23-year-old received a penalty for blocking Alan Sciuto and as a result was pushed back down the chasing pack.
"I managed to salvage tenth place after having to make my way through the field again. I had a really good car for the race, but unfortunately I was unable to bring a good result to the boys," said Ryan.
"The team have worked really hard and have done a great job this season."
You may also want to watch:
Team owner Derrick Walker said: "We had it going there for a while, but it all fizzled away at the closing stages.
"Ryan had a good top three, top four potential, but we failed to maximise what we had, and end with a good result - but that's racing.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 4 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 5 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 6 22-year-old sentenced for criminal damage in Melbourn
- 7 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 8 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 9 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims