Setback for Lewis
ROYSTON S Ryan Lewis rounded off his 2007 Champ Car Atlantic season with a top 10 finish at Road America on Sunday. Lewis started the race from 10th position on the grid and made his way to fourth spot. But the 23-year-old received a penalty for blocking
ROYSTON'S Ryan Lewis rounded off his 2007 Champ Car Atlantic season with a top 10 finish at Road America on Sunday.
Lewis started the race from 10th position on the grid and made his way to fourth spot. But the 23-year-old received a penalty for blocking Alan Sciuto and as a result was pushed back down the chasing pack.
"I managed to salvage tenth place after having to make my way through the field again. I had a really good car for the race, but unfortunately I was unable to bring a good result to the boys," said Ryan.
"The team have worked really hard and have done a great job this season."
Team owner Derrick Walker said: "We had it going there for a while, but it all fizzled away at the closing stages.
"Ryan had a good top three, top four potential, but we failed to maximise what we had, and end with a good result - but that's racing.
- 1 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 2 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 3 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 4 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 5 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 6 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 7 Cancer nurse's warning over drop in cervical screening
- 8 Downing Street and its South Cambs connections
- 9 Imperial War Museums launches first ever IWM Live event at Duxford this year
- 10 Gripping retelling of Blood Brothers coming to the ADC Theatre in Cambridge