Setback for Lewis
ROYSTON S Ryan Lewis rounded off his 2007 Champ Car Atlantic season with a top 10 finish at Road America on Sunday. Lewis started the race from 10th position on the grid and made his way to fourth spot. But the 23-year-old received a penalty for blocking
ROYSTON'S Ryan Lewis rounded off his 2007 Champ Car Atlantic season with a top 10 finish at Road America on Sunday.
Lewis started the race from 10th position on the grid and made his way to fourth spot. But the 23-year-old received a penalty for blocking Alan Sciuto and as a result was pushed back down the chasing pack.
"I managed to salvage tenth place after having to make my way through the field again. I had a really good car for the race, but unfortunately I was unable to bring a good result to the boys," said Ryan.
"The team have worked really hard and have done a great job this season."
You may also want to watch:
Team owner Derrick Walker said: "We had it going there for a while, but it all fizzled away at the closing stages.
"Ryan had a good top three, top four potential, but we failed to maximise what we had, and end with a good result - but that's racing.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 3 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 4 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 5 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 6 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 7 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 8 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 9 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash