Sensational Panthers knock nine past Hatfield
Hatfield Youth 2 Melbourn Dynamos Panthers 9 Under-11s Division Three MELBOURN attacked from the start as George Storey just failed to make it 1-0 in the first minute. Soon after a great volley by Sam Austin was brilliantly saved by the Hatfield keeper b
Hatfield Youth 2 Melbourn Dynamos Panthers 9
Under-11s Division Three
MELBOURN attacked from the start as George Storey just failed to make it 1-0 in the first minute.
Soon after a great volley by Sam Austin was brilliantly saved by the Hatfield 'keeper but he couldn't keep out a powerful header by Ryan Lees from a Melbourn corner to make it 1-0.
You may also want to watch:
More chances went begging but Austin made it 2-0 after 16 minutes with a nice turn and shot just inside the penalty box.
Luke Eades made it 3-0 on 21 minutes from an acute angle and he was on target again two minutes later after a flowing move from inside the Melbourn half.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 4 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 5 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 6 22-year-old sentenced for criminal damage in Melbourn
- 7 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 8 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 9 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
Hatfield never let their heads drop and they pulled a goal back on 26 minutes after a high cross from the right.
There was still time for Josh Hutton to make it 5-1 to Melbourn with a controlled shot into the corner of the Hatfield net.
The second half started evenly until Melbourn were awarded a penalty on 34 minutes.
However Eades was denied his hat trick as the Hatfield keeper made a fantastic save from his spot kick.
Eades finally got his reward when he tapped in a simple finish after a great move down the Melbourn right.
Austin made it 8-1 a minute later and soon after that Nathan Proud delivered an inch perfect pass into the middle for Storey to get his first of the game.
Hatfield still continued to play with good spirit and their efforts were rewarded when a break down their left resulted in a good finish from an acute angle to make the final score 9-2 to Panthers.