Sensational Panthers knock nine past Hatfield
Hatfield Youth 2 Melbourn Dynamos Panthers 9 Under-11s Division Three MELBOURN attacked from the start as George Storey just failed to make it 1-0 in the first minute. Soon after a great volley by Sam Austin was brilliantly saved by the Hatfield keeper b
Hatfield Youth 2 Melbourn Dynamos Panthers 9
Under-11s Division Three
MELBOURN attacked from the start as George Storey just failed to make it 1-0 in the first minute.
Soon after a great volley by Sam Austin was brilliantly saved by the Hatfield 'keeper but he couldn't keep out a powerful header by Ryan Lees from a Melbourn corner to make it 1-0.
You may also want to watch:
More chances went begging but Austin made it 2-0 after 16 minutes with a nice turn and shot just inside the penalty box.
Luke Eades made it 3-0 on 21 minutes from an acute angle and he was on target again two minutes later after a flowing move from inside the Melbourn half.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 3 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 4 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 5 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 6 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 7 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 8 Royal Ascot: ones to watch on final day
- 9 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 10 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
Hatfield never let their heads drop and they pulled a goal back on 26 minutes after a high cross from the right.
There was still time for Josh Hutton to make it 5-1 to Melbourn with a controlled shot into the corner of the Hatfield net.
The second half started evenly until Melbourn were awarded a penalty on 34 minutes.
However Eades was denied his hat trick as the Hatfield keeper made a fantastic save from his spot kick.
Eades finally got his reward when he tapped in a simple finish after a great move down the Melbourn right.
Austin made it 8-1 a minute later and soon after that Nathan Proud delivered an inch perfect pass into the middle for Storey to get his first of the game.
Hatfield still continued to play with good spirit and their efforts were rewarded when a break down their left resulted in a good finish from an acute angle to make the final score 9-2 to Panthers.