Second-string cruise into next round of Intermediate Cup
Royston Town Res 6 St Peters 1
ROYSTON Town reserves cruised into the next round of the Herts Intermediate Cup with a convincing win over St Peters on Saturday.
It was from the boot of the free-scoring Lee Bates from which the they took the lead on 10 minutes before he fired his and the team’s second just eight minutes later.
The home side’s traditional free-flowing style rendered the St Peters defence completely baffled and it came as no surprise when Xaniel Doku increased the lead just before the half-time whistle.
With the game effectively over as a contest, Royston shuffled their pack and the visitors grabbed a goal before enjoying a 15 minute spell of play before Royston got back on top in the match.
You may also want to watch:
Jorden Gibson launched a quick attack and the up and coming Rhys Hoeness tormented his opposing full-back before placing the ball at the feet of Doku who grabbed his second goal.
The same two players combined for Doku to score his hat-trick before the irrepressible Bates completed the rout with a treble of his own.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 3 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 4 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 5 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 6 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 7 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 8 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 9 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images