Second-string cruise into next round of Intermediate Cup
Royston Town Res 6 St Peters 1
ROYSTON Town reserves cruised into the next round of the Herts Intermediate Cup with a convincing win over St Peters on Saturday.
It was from the boot of the free-scoring Lee Bates from which the they took the lead on 10 minutes before he fired his and the team’s second just eight minutes later.
The home side’s traditional free-flowing style rendered the St Peters defence completely baffled and it came as no surprise when Xaniel Doku increased the lead just before the half-time whistle.
With the game effectively over as a contest, Royston shuffled their pack and the visitors grabbed a goal before enjoying a 15 minute spell of play before Royston got back on top in the match.
Jorden Gibson launched a quick attack and the up and coming Rhys Hoeness tormented his opposing full-back before placing the ball at the feet of Doku who grabbed his second goal.
The same two players combined for Doku to score his hat-trick before the irrepressible Bates completed the rout with a treble of his own.
- 1 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 2 8,000 homes plan criticised over ‘hidden green belt destruction’
- 3 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 4 MPs respond to lockdown drinks party scandal
- 5 'Simply amazing' - dad's life saved by air ambulance after mystery seizure
- 6 Two North Herts councillors sent council tax summons
- 7 EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett reunited on stage in Looking Good Dead at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 8 Partygate is a kick in the teeth for South Cambs residents, says Lib Dem candidate
- 9 Town's biggest employer pays tribute to late F John Smith's 'vision and commitment'
- 10 Fire crews tackle M11 car blaze