Second-string cruise into next round of Intermediate Cup
Royston Town Res 6 St Peters 1
ROYSTON Town reserves cruised into the next round of the Herts Intermediate Cup with a convincing win over St Peters on Saturday.
It was from the boot of the free-scoring Lee Bates from which the they took the lead on 10 minutes before he fired his and the team’s second just eight minutes later.
The home side’s traditional free-flowing style rendered the St Peters defence completely baffled and it came as no surprise when Xaniel Doku increased the lead just before the half-time whistle.
With the game effectively over as a contest, Royston shuffled their pack and the visitors grabbed a goal before enjoying a 15 minute spell of play before Royston got back on top in the match.
You may also want to watch:
Jorden Gibson launched a quick attack and the up and coming Rhys Hoeness tormented his opposing full-back before placing the ball at the feet of Doku who grabbed his second goal.
The same two players combined for Doku to score his hat-trick before the irrepressible Bates completed the rout with a treble of his own.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 3 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 4 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 5 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 6 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 7 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 8 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 9 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 10 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash