Season's best finish for Clark
ROYSTON racing driver Kieren Clark claimed a season s best fifth place with a mature drive in Round 18 of the Formula Renault UK Championship at Silverstone on Sunday. On a rain-soaked afternoon, Clark, 19, started the race 10th on the grid and had to fig
ROYSTON racing driver Kieren Clark claimed a season's best fifth place with a mature drive in Round 18 of the Formula Renault UK Championship at Silverstone on Sunday.
On a rain-soaked afternoon, Clark, 19, started the race 10th on the grid and had to fight hard just to keep his car on the track.
Spray caused visibility problems for many of the drivers, and a safety car had to be deployed twice during the race.
In finishing fifth, Clark gained 20 championship points and now sits in 15th position in the driver's championship table.
You may also want to watch:
The final two rounds of the 2008 Formula Renault UK championship are to take place at Brands Hatch on September 20 and 21.
For more information about Formula Renault UK, visit www.renaultsport.co.uk.
- 1 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 2 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 3 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 4 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 5 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 6 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 7 Cooling caps appeal to reduce chemo patients' hair loss
- 8 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 9 Socially-distanced festival is a welcome return to pre-pandemic good times
- 10 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court