Season's best finish for Clark
ROYSTON racing driver Kieren Clark claimed a season s best fifth place with a mature drive in Round 18 of the Formula Renault UK Championship at Silverstone on Sunday. On a rain-soaked afternoon, Clark, 19, started the race 10th on the grid and had to fig
ROYSTON racing driver Kieren Clark claimed a season's best fifth place with a mature drive in Round 18 of the Formula Renault UK Championship at Silverstone on Sunday.
On a rain-soaked afternoon, Clark, 19, started the race 10th on the grid and had to fight hard just to keep his car on the track.
Spray caused visibility problems for many of the drivers, and a safety car had to be deployed twice during the race.
In finishing fifth, Clark gained 20 championship points and now sits in 15th position in the driver's championship table.
You may also want to watch:
The final two rounds of the 2008 Formula Renault UK championship are to take place at Brands Hatch on September 20 and 21.
For more information about Formula Renault UK, visit www.renaultsport.co.uk.
- 1 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 2 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 3 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 4 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 5 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 6 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 7 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 8 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 9 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange