Scuba diving - Club whose members love going in at the deep end
SCUBA enthusiasts in Buntingford are encouraging people to take the plunge and join them in the water. With Buntingford perhaps not being the first Scuba diving location that springs to mind, members of the Buntingford Horizon Divers Club are keen to rai
SCUBA enthusiasts in Buntingford are encouraging people to take the plunge and join them in the water.
With Buntingford perhaps not being the first Scuba diving location that springs to mind, members of the Buntingford Horizon Divers Club are keen to raise its profile in the area.
Chairman Malcolm Currie said: "We are a small and friendly club, run by the members for the members. Our problem has been attracting new members because few people know we exist."
The club is part of the British Sub Aqua Club and was founded more than 20 years ago.
You may also want to watch:
It also has more than 30 members from across Buntingford, Royston, Puckeridge, Standon, and Litlington.
Malcolm said: "Scuba diving can be enjoyed by anyone, and we have a wide variety of people who come down.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 3 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 4 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 5 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 6 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 7 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 8 Royal Ascot: ones to watch on final day
- 9 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Comedy festival IS going ahead - with Covid-safe measures in place
"Training is free to all club members and you'll be able to work your way up from a beginner to first class diver in no time with the help of our experienced instructors and examiners.
"New members are welcome and you don't have to be an Olympic swimmer to be able to be a diver - just reasonably fit and healthy and be able to pass our simple swimming test."
Buntingford Horizon Divers Club is based at Ward Freman swimming pool and meets at 8.30pm every Wednesday.
The club also has its own 5.6 metre power boat.
For more information visit www.horizondivers.org or contact Malcolm Currie on 01763 271106 or by email at Malcolm@curriehouse.plus.com