Scuba diving - Club whose members love going in at the deep end
SCUBA enthusiasts in Buntingford are encouraging people to take the plunge and join them in the water. With Buntingford perhaps not being the first Scuba diving location that springs to mind, members of the Buntingford Horizon Divers Club are keen to rai
SCUBA enthusiasts in Buntingford are encouraging people to take the plunge and join them in the water.
With Buntingford perhaps not being the first Scuba diving location that springs to mind, members of the Buntingford Horizon Divers Club are keen to raise its profile in the area.
Chairman Malcolm Currie said: "We are a small and friendly club, run by the members for the members. Our problem has been attracting new members because few people know we exist."
The club is part of the British Sub Aqua Club and was founded more than 20 years ago.
You may also want to watch:
It also has more than 30 members from across Buntingford, Royston, Puckeridge, Standon, and Litlington.
Malcolm said: "Scuba diving can be enjoyed by anyone, and we have a wide variety of people who come down.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 4 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 5 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 6 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 7 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
- 8 Help on offer for residents as Universal Credit cut looms
- 9 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 10 Herts libraries service could be transferred to public service mutual
"Training is free to all club members and you'll be able to work your way up from a beginner to first class diver in no time with the help of our experienced instructors and examiners.
"New members are welcome and you don't have to be an Olympic swimmer to be able to be a diver - just reasonably fit and healthy and be able to pass our simple swimming test."
Buntingford Horizon Divers Club is based at Ward Freman swimming pool and meets at 8.30pm every Wednesday.
The club also has its own 5.6 metre power boat.
For more information visit www.horizondivers.org or contact Malcolm Currie on 01763 271106 or by email at Malcolm@curriehouse.plus.com