Schoolboy set for East Region Finals
SCHOOLBOY Liam Doonan has qualified for the East Region Swimming Championship after sweeping the board at the county finals. The talented 11-year-old claimed four golds, two silvers and one bronze medal in the boy s under-11 category at the Hertfordshire
SCHOOLBOY Liam Doonan has qualified for the East Region Swimming Championship after sweeping the board at the county finals.
The talented 11-year-old claimed four golds, two silvers and one bronze medal in the boy's under-11 category at the Hertfordshire County Championship in Borehamwood.
Doonan who attends Edwinstree School, was representing Hatfield Swimming Club and impressed in the 200m butterfly, 200m backstroke, 50m backstroke, 50m freestyle and the 50m butterfly.
As well as recording a number of personal best times, Doonan also set a new county record for under-11 swimmers with a time of 33.57 seconds in the 50m butterfly. The previous record had stood since 2004.
You may also want to watch:
He will now represent Herts at the East Region Swimming Championship, to be held at the University of Norwich in June.
- 1 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 2 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 3 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 4 Safety concerns continue in final days of travel hub consultation
- 5 Village school's annual fayre is a big hit
- 6 Margaret House residential home celebrates 50th anniversary milestone
- 7 Exploring the medieval graffiti of North Herts' historic churches
- 8 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside