Schoolboy set for East Region Finals
SCHOOLBOY Liam Doonan has qualified for the East Region Swimming Championship after sweeping the board at the county finals. The talented 11-year-old claimed four golds, two silvers and one bronze medal in the boy s under-11 category at the Hertfordshire
SCHOOLBOY Liam Doonan has qualified for the East Region Swimming Championship after sweeping the board at the county finals.
The talented 11-year-old claimed four golds, two silvers and one bronze medal in the boy's under-11 category at the Hertfordshire County Championship in Borehamwood.
Doonan who attends Edwinstree School, was representing Hatfield Swimming Club and impressed in the 200m butterfly, 200m backstroke, 50m backstroke, 50m freestyle and the 50m butterfly.
As well as recording a number of personal best times, Doonan also set a new county record for under-11 swimmers with a time of 33.57 seconds in the 50m butterfly. The previous record had stood since 2004.
You may also want to watch:
He will now represent Herts at the East Region Swimming Championship, to be held at the University of Norwich in June.
- 1 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 7 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 8 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 9 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 10 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?