Saracens double sinks Wanderers
Saracens 2 Buntingford Wand 0 DESPITE a positive start to their first season in the Hertford and District League, mid table Buntingford Wanderers could not find their form against battling Saracens. The visitors eventually slipped to defeat against a
Buntingford Wand 0
DESPITE a positive start to their first season in the Hertford and District League, mid table Buntingford Wanderers could not find their form against battling Saracens.
The visitors eventually slipped to defeat against a strong Saracens side despite creating a few chances of their own.
Manager Tony Dent said: "We had some good possession in places and despite playing well it was just one of those days!"
- Buntingford Wanderers' next game is away to Baldock Cannon in the Herts Junior Cup on Saturday, December 1.
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 Bassingbourn Village College students win Pitch for the Prize competition
- 3 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 4 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 5 Tractors take to the streets to raise money for hospital
- 6 Royston judoka Reid relishing Commonwealth Games chance
- 7 Teen attacked couple with glasses at Royston pub
- 8 What to see in the sky in July: Year's biggest supermoon and meteor showers
- 9 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 10 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
Buntingford Wand Res 4 Roydon Spartans 1
TWO Tom Davey strikes put Buntingford Wanderers on the road to victory on Saturday for their fourth league win of the season.
A strong Roydon side were seen off by two well-taken Davey strikes, and further efforts from Will Clarke and J Hayes.
Captain Steve Dare put in a man-of-the-match performance with some solid tackling and pin-point passing from midfield, with his well-flighted corner finding the head of Clarke for the hosts' first early on.
Manager Derek Brand said: "The team played some of their best football of the season, and with performances like this there should be no reason why we cannot continue to climb the league table.