Sam shows promise in the National Lotus Elise opener
- Credit: Archant
Sam Robertson Tomlinson’s efforts in round one of the National Lotus Elise Trophy showed plenty of promise despite mechanical issues.
Pre-season testing had proven successful with the Royston racer showing good pace, but the night before his first round at Snetterton on Saturday his normal running car, Herbie, had an issue.
Sam had to adapt his team Track Group’s replacement car working late on Friday to get it ready. He raced into fourth by the time qualifying was stopped for a red flag, but then was hit with a problem.
Sam said: “Unfortunately drivers make mistakes and I was pushing too hard and did too much damage and with little time to turn it around for the race I couldn’t make the grid.
“The next round is the Brands Hatch GP (May 1) and with a test in two weeks I’m sure we can show the same pace.”
You may also want to watch:
Follow @skipukracing or visit www.samtomlinsonracing.co.uk for updates.
- 1 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 2 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 3 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 4 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 5 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 6 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 7 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 8 Cooling caps appeal to reduce chemo patients' hair loss
- 9 Families celebrate Father's Day at IWM Duxford
- 10 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?