Sam shows promise in the National Lotus Elise opener
- Credit: Archant
Sam Robertson Tomlinson’s efforts in round one of the National Lotus Elise Trophy showed plenty of promise despite mechanical issues.
Pre-season testing had proven successful with the Royston racer showing good pace, but the night before his first round at Snetterton on Saturday his normal running car, Herbie, had an issue.
Sam had to adapt his team Track Group’s replacement car working late on Friday to get it ready. He raced into fourth by the time qualifying was stopped for a red flag, but then was hit with a problem.
Sam said: “Unfortunately drivers make mistakes and I was pushing too hard and did too much damage and with little time to turn it around for the race I couldn’t make the grid.
“The next round is the Brands Hatch GP (May 1) and with a test in two weeks I’m sure we can show the same pace.”
You may also want to watch:
Follow @skipukracing or visit www.samtomlinsonracing.co.uk for updates.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 4 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 5 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 6 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 7 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
- 8 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 9 Award-winning CADS production at Royston Arts Festival
- 10 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory