Saints hammered by six-y football from Chishill
St Ives Town A 0 Great Chishill 6 GREAT Chishill made easy work of knocking out St Ives in the John Abblet Cup. They were once again quick off the mark, Elliot Drury scoring after five minutes, following up after Steve McGee s shot hit a post. Moments
St Ives Town A 0
Great Chishill 6
GREAT Chishill made easy work of knocking out St Ives in the John Abblet Cup.
They were once again quick off the mark, Elliot Drury scoring after five minutes, following up after Steve McGee's shot hit a post.
You may also want to watch:
Moments later McGee was put through on goal, only for him to lose his footing, but he still managed to square the ball to Jonathan Drury who quickly made 2-0.
It was clear the visitors had a chance to grab plenty of goals, as the home defence was not picking up Chishill's forward runners.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 3 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 6 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 7 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 8 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 9 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 10 Strictly Come Dancing champion to Dial M for Murder in Cambridge
Ian Gallagher was rarely tested during the first half, but he had to be alert to tip a 40-yard lob over the crossbar.
The game was over as a contest after just half an hour. McGee got on the scoresheet with a volley from just inside the area, before Jonathan Drury got his second, racing on to a through ball, and coolly beating the keeper from 18 yards with a low, hard shot.
With nothing to lose, the hosts livened up in the second half, as Chishill eased off the pressure slightly.
They had a chance to pull a goal back, but Gallagher easily saved the close range effort, after the defence had been caught napping.
Elliot Drury's long ball caught St Ives' defence out, and McGee broke free again to score his second.
Substitute Peter Jackson hit the post from the edge of the area after a fine run down the right, before fellow substitute Shaun Wilson completed the rout.
Jonathan Drury crossed from the right, for Wilson to smash the ball home left-footed, with his first touch.
Chishill: Gallagher, Burrows, Dunsden, Gardiner, Bramwell, Fitzgerald, E Drury, Tyler, D Drury, McGee, J Drury. Subs: Radford, Jackson, Wilson.