Saggers at the double in Vets win
Royston town Vets 4 Walkern Vets 0
ROYSTON Town Vets ran out comfortable winners at home to Walkern on Sunday.
After the first 20 minutes during which time Town dominated possession but couldn’t find the killer pass to create an opening, it was midfielder Mark Saggers who finally put Town ahead. The visitors’ defence failed to clear the ball in the penalty box and Saggers took full advantage to drive an unstoppable volley into the roof of the net.
Peter Leete then extended the lead when he received a John Moulding pass on the right of the penalty area and guided a first time left foot shot past the ‘keeper into far right corner of the goal.
Saggers scored his second of the game to put Town three up and Carlo Silenti squeezed in a shot through a ruck of players and beet the ‘keeper just inside his right-hand post to complete the scoring.
You may also want to watch:
Stuart Brown and Stuart Moulding were again in commanding form at the heart of Town’s defence and Saggers displayed his full range of passing ability in midfield.
Royston Town Vets: Dobson, Smith, Brown, S Moulding, G Pinner, N Humphries, Saggers, Silenti, J Moulding, Leete, Lewis, Barthrop, Flack, Cannon, Allen.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 4 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 5 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 6 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 7 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 8 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 9 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 10 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?