Ryman League Division North side Tilbury show Royston Town the door in FA Trophy
- Credit: Archant
A calamitous first minute penalty gift was the start of a dismal afternoon for Royston Town knocked out of the FA Trophy by Ryman League Division North side Tilbury 4-2 on Saturday.
Within moments of kick-off, the Crows found themselves behind as Daniel Glozier’s penalty broke the deadlock after Neil Richmond was brought down in the box.
That advantage was doubled on 15 minutes after as Emiel Aiken’s curler beat custodian Ron Yates.
Royston did manage to get back into the game on the half-hour. Luke Robins’ shot was blocked and Ryan Towner tucked home the rebound.
A minute before the break, Conor Mead’s deflected effort re-established Tilbury’s two-goal lead at the break.
Aiken’s second, midway through the second half, wrapped up what had been an easy victory for the hosts before Erkan Okay’s corner evaded everyone and nestled into the net for a more respectable scoreline.
- 1 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 2 8,000 homes plan criticised over ‘hidden green belt destruction’
- 3 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 4 'Simply amazing' - dad's life saved by air ambulance after mystery seizure
- 5 MPs respond to lockdown drinks party scandal
- 6 Two North Herts councillors sent council tax summons
- 7 EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett reunited on stage in Looking Good Dead at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 8 Fire crews tackle M11 car blaze
- 9 West Side Story and The Lost Daughter coming to Royston Picture Palace screen
- 10 Partygate is a kick in the teeth for South Cambs residents, says Lib Dem candidate