Ryman League Division North side Tilbury show Royston Town the door in FA Trophy
- Credit: Archant
A calamitous first minute penalty gift was the start of a dismal afternoon for Royston Town knocked out of the FA Trophy by Ryman League Division North side Tilbury 4-2 on Saturday.
Within moments of kick-off, the Crows found themselves behind as Daniel Glozier’s penalty broke the deadlock after Neil Richmond was brought down in the box.
That advantage was doubled on 15 minutes after as Emiel Aiken’s curler beat custodian Ron Yates.
Royston did manage to get back into the game on the half-hour. Luke Robins’ shot was blocked and Ryan Towner tucked home the rebound.
A minute before the break, Conor Mead’s deflected effort re-established Tilbury’s two-goal lead at the break.
You may also want to watch:
Aiken’s second, midway through the second half, wrapped up what had been an easy victory for the hosts before Erkan Okay’s corner evaded everyone and nestled into the net for a more respectable scoreline.
- 1 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 2 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 3 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 4 Say this secret phrase and get a free pint for the first game of the Euros
- 5 Ralph Fiennes to star in Four Quartets on Cambridge Arts Theatre stage
- 6 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 7 Former mayor bows out with honorary black belt at Judo club launch
- 8 Once-in-a-generation improvement scheme completed at London King's Cross station
- 9 Outstanding day had by all at Streetfood Heroes event
- 10 Eclipse: How and when to watch the partial solar eclipse on Thursday