Ryman League Division North side Tilbury show Royston Town the door in FA Trophy
- Credit: Archant
A calamitous first minute penalty gift was the start of a dismal afternoon for Royston Town knocked out of the FA Trophy by Ryman League Division North side Tilbury 4-2 on Saturday.
Within moments of kick-off, the Crows found themselves behind as Daniel Glozier’s penalty broke the deadlock after Neil Richmond was brought down in the box.
That advantage was doubled on 15 minutes after as Emiel Aiken’s curler beat custodian Ron Yates.
Royston did manage to get back into the game on the half-hour. Luke Robins’ shot was blocked and Ryan Towner tucked home the rebound.
A minute before the break, Conor Mead’s deflected effort re-established Tilbury’s two-goal lead at the break.
You may also want to watch:
Aiken’s second, midway through the second half, wrapped up what had been an easy victory for the hosts before Erkan Okay’s corner evaded everyone and nestled into the net for a more respectable scoreline.
- 1 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 6 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
- 7 Award-winning CADS production at Royston Arts Festival
- 8 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Charlie and Stan slapstick homage riffs on the pair's clowning skills at Cambridge Arts Theatre