Runners shine at St Neots
Royston Runners were out in force at the weekend with 24 runners competing in the St Neots half-marathon. In what was a quick course, 10 of the Royston Runners secured personal bests, including Tony Price with a time of 1:37.41, Felicity Shaw 1:49.04, Is
Royston Runners were out in force at the weekend with 24 runners competing in the St Neots half-marathon.
In what was a quick course, 10 of the Royston Runners secured personal bests, including Tony Price with a time of 1:37.41, Felicity Shaw 1:49.04, Isabel Marriage 1:50.58, Chrissy Pepper 1:55.03, Ann Tyler 1:58.04 and Val Davidson 2:10.28.
The first male Royston Runner home was Paul Martin with an impressive time of 1:26.35, while the first female back was Katherine Probert with an equally good run of 1:35.46.
The Royston Runners also turned out for the Digswell Cross Country in Welwyn Garden City on Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
Despite having many of their runners involved in the St Neots half-marathon, the men's and ladies' teams did well against a strong field, with the men finishing fourth overall and the ladies eighth.
The result means the men's team are now third in the league standings while the ladies remain in eighth place.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 6 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 7 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 8 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 9 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 10 Strictly Come Dancing champion to Dial M for Murder in Cambridge