Runners shine at St Neots
Royston Runners were out in force at the weekend with 24 runners competing in the St Neots half-marathon. In what was a quick course, 10 of the Royston Runners secured personal bests, including Tony Price with a time of 1:37.41, Felicity Shaw 1:49.04, Is
Royston Runners were out in force at the weekend with 24 runners competing in the St Neots half-marathon.
In what was a quick course, 10 of the Royston Runners secured personal bests, including Tony Price with a time of 1:37.41, Felicity Shaw 1:49.04, Isabel Marriage 1:50.58, Chrissy Pepper 1:55.03, Ann Tyler 1:58.04 and Val Davidson 2:10.28.
The first male Royston Runner home was Paul Martin with an impressive time of 1:26.35, while the first female back was Katherine Probert with an equally good run of 1:35.46.
The Royston Runners also turned out for the Digswell Cross Country in Welwyn Garden City on Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
Despite having many of their runners involved in the St Neots half-marathon, the men's and ladies' teams did well against a strong field, with the men finishing fourth overall and the ladies eighth.
The result means the men's team are now third in the league standings while the ladies remain in eighth place.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 3 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 4 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 5 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 6 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 7 Royal Ascot: ones to watch on final day
- 8 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 9 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts