Run Of The Green For United
By Tom Brown North Greenford United 5 Royston Town 0 ROYSTON Town crashed out of the FA Cup on Saturday with Phil Snowden s young defence coming unstuck. With another depleted side taking to the field for this Extra Preliminary round tie, Royston went
By Tom Brown
North Greenford United 5 Royston Town 0
ROYSTON Town crashed out of the FA Cup on Saturday with Phil Snowden's young defence coming unstuck.
With another depleted side taking to the field for this Extra Preliminary round tie, Royston went into the half-time break three goals down.
You may also want to watch:
After dominating much of the half, Gary Senior and Mick Booth found the net for Greenford, before a Stuart Snowden own goal sailed over keeper Greg Jackson.
In the second half the Crows mounted a brief comeback with half chances falling to both Graham Tibbals and Jez McMurrough.
- 1 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 2 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 4 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 5 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 6 Labour organiser criticises Labour mayor for hiring a Tory as deputy
- 7 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 8 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
- 9 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 10 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
However, it wasn't to be, as the impressive Combined Counties Premier League outfit scored two more goals with Luc Kenny and Michael Peacock completing the rout.
Snowden said: "It's a disappointing result and unfortunately the FA Cup game came at a time when we have more than 10 first team players missing. However, the league remains our priority and we need to concentrate on picking up the points."
Royston: Jackson; Chappell, Bloss, Crosik, Hayden; Snowden, Rogers, Edwards, White; J McMurrough, Tibbals. (Subs): Daniels, Blair, Dunstan.