Run Of The Green For United
By Tom Brown North Greenford United 5 Royston Town 0 ROYSTON Town crashed out of the FA Cup on Saturday with Phil Snowden s young defence coming unstuck. With another depleted side taking to the field for this Extra Preliminary round tie, Royston went
By Tom Brown
North Greenford United 5 Royston Town 0
ROYSTON Town crashed out of the FA Cup on Saturday with Phil Snowden's young defence coming unstuck.
With another depleted side taking to the field for this Extra Preliminary round tie, Royston went into the half-time break three goals down.
After dominating much of the half, Gary Senior and Mick Booth found the net for Greenford, before a Stuart Snowden own goal sailed over keeper Greg Jackson.
In the second half the Crows mounted a brief comeback with half chances falling to both Graham Tibbals and Jez McMurrough.
- 1 Grandad celebrates 18th sailing championship win
- 2 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 3 Vintage tractor run to raise money for churches
- 4 Wire damage disrupts Great Northern trains between Hitchin and Peterborough
- 5 Hertfordshire under Met Office yellow warning for storms
- 6 Last-ball victory keeps Reed on the rise up the Championship
- 7 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 8 One of a kind Second World War aircraft to fly in historic flypast at IWM Duxford’s Battle of Britain Air Show 2022
- 9 'Hitchin is the only place I've felt accepted'
- 10 Children's kite design competition winners announced
However, it wasn't to be, as the impressive Combined Counties Premier League outfit scored two more goals with Luc Kenny and Michael Peacock completing the rout.
Snowden said: "It's a disappointing result and unfortunately the FA Cup game came at a time when we have more than 10 first team players missing. However, the league remains our priority and we need to concentrate on picking up the points."
Royston: Jackson; Chappell, Bloss, Crosik, Hayden; Snowden, Rogers, Edwards, White; J McMurrough, Tibbals. (Subs): Daniels, Blair, Dunstan.