Run Of The Green For United
By Tom Brown North Greenford United 5 Royston Town 0 ROYSTON Town crashed out of the FA Cup on Saturday with Phil Snowden s young defence coming unstuck. With another depleted side taking to the field for this Extra Preliminary round tie, Royston went
By Tom Brown
North Greenford United 5 Royston Town 0
ROYSTON Town crashed out of the FA Cup on Saturday with Phil Snowden's young defence coming unstuck.
With another depleted side taking to the field for this Extra Preliminary round tie, Royston went into the half-time break three goals down.
You may also want to watch:
After dominating much of the half, Gary Senior and Mick Booth found the net for Greenford, before a Stuart Snowden own goal sailed over keeper Greg Jackson.
In the second half the Crows mounted a brief comeback with half chances falling to both Graham Tibbals and Jez McMurrough.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 3 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 6 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 7 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
- 8 Award-winning CADS production at Royston Arts Festival
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
However, it wasn't to be, as the impressive Combined Counties Premier League outfit scored two more goals with Luc Kenny and Michael Peacock completing the rout.
Snowden said: "It's a disappointing result and unfortunately the FA Cup game came at a time when we have more than 10 first team players missing. However, the league remains our priority and we need to concentrate on picking up the points."
Royston: Jackson; Chappell, Bloss, Crosik, Hayden; Snowden, Rogers, Edwards, White; J McMurrough, Tibbals. (Subs): Daniels, Blair, Dunstan.