Rugby Union: Barnet hand Royston a loss
Royston lost 25-13 on Saturday to high-flying Barnet in Herts/Middlesex 1.
The game started brightly for Royston, who scored the first try through Sam Morris.
Barnet responded strongly and it did not take long before they were level through a try from their No.8 off the back of a rolling maul.
Royston were holding their own against Barnet and managed to score a penalty through Michael Schurch to end the half with a three point advantage.
Barnet were able to cancel these penalties out midway through the half when they kicked over two penalties of their own to level the match at 13-13.
Royston against started strongly in the second half and added another three points though Schurch.
Barnet, however, stole the ball from a Royston lineout inside the 22 and drove over the line to take a five-point lead.
- 1 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 2 Melbourn Village College ready for Hastings battle in quarter-finals of national cup
- 3 Royston drama group CADS announces winner of 2022 Fred Sillence Award
- 4 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 5 Drug dealer jailed after being found with heroin and crack cocaine
- 6 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 7 Experience University of Cambridge Museums' free Twilight with the Museums sleepover at home
- 8 Ian Stewart murder trial: Diane 'suffered lack of oxygen for up to an hour'
- 9 Patients required to continue wearing face coverings in healthcare settings
- 10 Royston Golf Club donates £1,000 to hospice
Royston tried desperately to search for a try in the last few minutes but were undone when Barnet turned over possession and shipped the ball out wide were they had a massive overlap to score with the last play of the game. On Saturday Royston are away at Cheshunt.