Rugby Union: Barnet hand Royston a loss
Royston lost 25-13 on Saturday to high-flying Barnet in Herts/Middlesex 1.
The game started brightly for Royston, who scored the first try through Sam Morris.
Barnet responded strongly and it did not take long before they were level through a try from their No.8 off the back of a rolling maul.
Royston were holding their own against Barnet and managed to score a penalty through Michael Schurch to end the half with a three point advantage.
Barnet were able to cancel these penalties out midway through the half when they kicked over two penalties of their own to level the match at 13-13.
You may also want to watch:
Royston against started strongly in the second half and added another three points though Schurch.
Barnet, however, stole the ball from a Royston lineout inside the 22 and drove over the line to take a five-point lead.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 6 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 7 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 8 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 9 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 10 Strictly Come Dancing champion to Dial M for Murder in Cambridge
Royston tried desperately to search for a try in the last few minutes but were undone when Barnet turned over possession and shipped the ball out wide were they had a massive overlap to score with the last play of the game. On Saturday Royston are away at Cheshunt.