Rugby Union: Barnet hand Royston a loss
Royston lost 25-13 on Saturday to high-flying Barnet in Herts/Middlesex 1.
The game started brightly for Royston, who scored the first try through Sam Morris.
Barnet responded strongly and it did not take long before they were level through a try from their No.8 off the back of a rolling maul.
Royston were holding their own against Barnet and managed to score a penalty through Michael Schurch to end the half with a three point advantage.
Barnet were able to cancel these penalties out midway through the half when they kicked over two penalties of their own to level the match at 13-13.
You may also want to watch:
Royston against started strongly in the second half and added another three points though Schurch.
Barnet, however, stole the ball from a Royston lineout inside the 22 and drove over the line to take a five-point lead.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 3 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 4 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 5 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 6 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 7 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 8 Royal Ascot: ones to watch on final day
- 9 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 10 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
Royston tried desperately to search for a try in the last few minutes but were undone when Barnet turned over possession and shipped the ball out wide were they had a massive overlap to score with the last play of the game. On Saturday Royston are away at Cheshunt.