Royston youth win double header
Royston Town Youth A Under-10 1 Hitchin Town Youth Yellows Under-101 IT S always a close game when these two teams meet and this game was no different. Hitchin started strongly and Jack Hallewell in goal was called into action early and together with t
Royston Town Youth A Under-10 1
Hitchin Town Youth Yellows Under-101
IT'S always a close game when these two teams meet and this game was no different. Hitchin started strongly and Jack Hallewell in goal was called into action early and together with the sturdy defence of Jamie Penn and Jamie Copeland kept the Yellows out in the first half.
The score was 1-0 to Royston at half-time with the goal scored by Keiran Blois, for his first of the season, following some strong work and a shot that bounced back off of the post by Max Logan.
You may also want to watch:
Callum Toovey worked tirelessly in midfield and Tom Fox was called upon to do an excellent man marking job on the dangerous Hitchin winger.
Hitchin got the equaliser in the second half with a well hit long shot that bypassed both defenders and goalkeeper.
- 1 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 2 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 3 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 4 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 5 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 6 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 7 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 8 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 9 Socially-distanced festival is a welcome return to pre-pandemic good times
- 10 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
Royston stepped up the pressure in the last five minutes by moving Michael Baulk upfront but the game finished at a well contested 1-1 draw.
Royston Town Youth B Under-104
Hitchin Town Youth Greens Under-102
Royston started slowly in this game and found themselves two down very early on following some loose defensive play giving keeper Rory Hunter no chance.
The boys came to life for the last five minutes of the second half and got one back with a well taken finish by Lewis Anderson.
The second half was all Royston as first they pushed for the equaliser, which was converted by Jack Davis following some strong hold up play by Bruce Barnes.
Brad Whale was now in full control at the back and having a great second half giving the team the impetus to take the lead through an accurate long shot by Tom Turner.
Skipper Matt Bailey made the fourth goal by heading the ball back into the danger area for Barnes to strike home to complete the scoring and take the victory.