Royston Vets ease to victory
Buntingford Vets 1 Royston Vets 3 BEATING the weather and their rivals, Royston Town Vets came out on top with Colin MacArthur impressing once again. However, it was the hosts that opened the scoring when their quick break caught Royston napping. The
Buntingford Vets 1 Royston Vets 3
BEATING the weather and their rivals, Royston Town Vets came out on top with Colin MacArthur impressing once again.
However, it was the hosts that opened the scoring when their quick break caught Royston napping.
The Crows soon got into their stride though, and with Dave Cooper and Jason Clark commanding the midfield they began to dominate possession.
You may also want to watch:
In-form keeper-turned-striker Colin MacArthur continued his rich vein of goal-scoring form when he headed in cleverly over the onrushing home goalkeeper's head to give his side a deserved equaliser.
Good play by Kevin Barthrop and Paul Lewis created two more decent chances for MacArthur, but the hosts' defence managed to scramble the ball clear.
- 1 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 2 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 3 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 4 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Agricultural expert 'over the moon' with MBE
- 6 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 7 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 8 Village leader awarded BEM for community centre build and more
- 9 Could you help preserve ponds in Reed?
- 10 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
During the break, Royston manager Terry Gore shuffled the pack, pushing Ian Allen forward into midfield and moving Nick Humphries into left back.
It was a move that proved an inspiration, as the evergreen Allen turned in a vintage display.
And it was Allen who gave Royston the lead when he latched on to a long clearance and fired the ball over the Buntingford keeper and into the top corner of the net.
Nick Humphries then added a third for the visitors, when he stormed down the left wing and fired home an unstoppable angled drive.
Barthrop and Cooper both went close to extending Royston's lead, but their efforts were cleared off from the goal line.
Royston face Sandy at Garden Walk on Sunday.