Royston U16s run out easy 24-0 winners over Hertford
- Credit: Archant
In torrential rain on the Heath, Royston U16s ran out convincing 24-0 winners over Hertford.
Scrum half Joseph Simons snuck down the blind side for a great individual try under the posts early on and soon after Ash Jones pounced upon a Hertford mistake to put Royston further ahead.
Despite their dominance, the score remained at 12-0 until the break.
The second half was just the same with Will Pritchard in the back row on top of everything Hertford attempted.
Centre pairing Nathan King and Charlie Oughton imposed themselves on the game more in the second period and, through their pacey runs, opened up space for Oughton who side-stepped the defence and went over for try number three.
You may also want to watch:
Hertford had a tough time in the soggy conditions and Jack Buckingham’s quick ball released Jamie Capewell on the wing who offloaded to Tom Raymen for another easy try.
A good, all-round display was typified by great kicking, defence and offense from the strong Royston side.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 3 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 4 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 5 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 6 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 7 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 8 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 9 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
Sean Seymour won backs man of the match while Jake Storey claimed forward’s MOTM for his persistance.