Royston U16s run out easy 24-0 winners over Hertford
- Credit: Archant
In torrential rain on the Heath, Royston U16s ran out convincing 24-0 winners over Hertford.
Scrum half Joseph Simons snuck down the blind side for a great individual try under the posts early on and soon after Ash Jones pounced upon a Hertford mistake to put Royston further ahead.
Despite their dominance, the score remained at 12-0 until the break.
The second half was just the same with Will Pritchard in the back row on top of everything Hertford attempted.
Centre pairing Nathan King and Charlie Oughton imposed themselves on the game more in the second period and, through their pacey runs, opened up space for Oughton who side-stepped the defence and went over for try number three.
Hertford had a tough time in the soggy conditions and Jack Buckingham’s quick ball released Jamie Capewell on the wing who offloaded to Tom Raymen for another easy try.
A good, all-round display was typified by great kicking, defence and offense from the strong Royston side.
- 1 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 2 Grandad celebrates 18th sailing championship win
- 3 Hertfordshire under Met Office yellow warning for storms
- 4 Vintage tractor run to raise money for churches
- 5 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 6 One of a kind Second World War aircraft to fly in historic flypast at IWM Duxford’s Battle of Britain Air Show 2022
- 7 'Hitchin is the only place I've felt accepted'
- 8 Johnson Matthey to build £80 million 'gigafactory' in Royston
- 9 Everything you need to know about the August train driver strike
- 10 MP hosts gathering for Ukrainian refugees
Sean Seymour won backs man of the match while Jake Storey claimed forward’s MOTM for his persistance.