Royston U16s run out easy 24-0 winners over Hertford
- Credit: Archant
In torrential rain on the Heath, Royston U16s ran out convincing 24-0 winners over Hertford.
Scrum half Joseph Simons snuck down the blind side for a great individual try under the posts early on and soon after Ash Jones pounced upon a Hertford mistake to put Royston further ahead.
Despite their dominance, the score remained at 12-0 until the break.
The second half was just the same with Will Pritchard in the back row on top of everything Hertford attempted.
Centre pairing Nathan King and Charlie Oughton imposed themselves on the game more in the second period and, through their pacey runs, opened up space for Oughton who side-stepped the defence and went over for try number three.
Hertford had a tough time in the soggy conditions and Jack Buckingham’s quick ball released Jamie Capewell on the wing who offloaded to Tom Raymen for another easy try.
A good, all-round display was typified by great kicking, defence and offense from the strong Royston side.
- 1 Fine issued after rubbish fly-tipped in country lane
- 2 Man sentenced for handling stolen goods - including designer watch, clothes and laptop
- 3 MPs remain silent on whether they have confidence in PM
- 4 Royston Golf Club donates £1,000 to hospice
- 5 Cyclist in hospital with life-threatening injuries after crash
- 6 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 7 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 8 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 9 Bank cards, electrical items and jewellery stolen in burglary
- 10 Drug dealer jailed after being found with heroin and crack cocaine
Sean Seymour won backs man of the match while Jake Storey claimed forward’s MOTM for his persistance.