Royston U16s run out easy 24-0 winners over Hertford
- Credit: Archant
In torrential rain on the Heath, Royston U16s ran out convincing 24-0 winners over Hertford.
Scrum half Joseph Simons snuck down the blind side for a great individual try under the posts early on and soon after Ash Jones pounced upon a Hertford mistake to put Royston further ahead.
Despite their dominance, the score remained at 12-0 until the break.
The second half was just the same with Will Pritchard in the back row on top of everything Hertford attempted.
Centre pairing Nathan King and Charlie Oughton imposed themselves on the game more in the second period and, through their pacey runs, opened up space for Oughton who side-stepped the defence and went over for try number three.
You may also want to watch:
Hertford had a tough time in the soggy conditions and Jack Buckingham’s quick ball released Jamie Capewell on the wing who offloaded to Tom Raymen for another easy try.
A good, all-round display was typified by great kicking, defence and offense from the strong Royston side.
- 1 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 2 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 3 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 5 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 6 Labour organiser criticises Labour mayor for hiring a Tory as deputy
- 7 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 8 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
- 9 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 10 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
Sean Seymour won backs man of the match while Jake Storey claimed forward’s MOTM for his persistance.