Royston U16 beaten in Eastern Counties Finals Competition
- Credit: Archant
Royston RFC U16 were downed in the Eastern Counties Finals Competition.
Royston hosted the prestigious event where finalists from Cambridgeshire, Norfolk and Suffolk competed in a round robin challenge.
Colchester won the competition with victories over Royston and West Norfolk, who also beat the hosts. The Crow’s try scorers were Jacob Boyce and Eddie Twyman. Ben Ireland notched two conversions.
“Even though the results didn’t go our way, we couldn’t be prouder of the boys,” said coaches David Ayliffe and Godfrey Everrit.
“The boys have achieved so much already this year (Finalists in the Cams Cup, secured promotion for next season, finalists in Herts Cup). We are still in the running to be crowned Division winners, if we win our last league game and we will be defending our Herts Plate Title.
You may also want to watch:
“This tournament was an added bonus for the hard work the boys have put in this year.”
- 1 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 2 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 3 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 4 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 5 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 6 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 7 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
- 8 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 9 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 10 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks