Royston U16 beaten in Eastern Counties Finals Competition
- Credit: Archant
Royston RFC U16 were downed in the Eastern Counties Finals Competition.
Royston hosted the prestigious event where finalists from Cambridgeshire, Norfolk and Suffolk competed in a round robin challenge.
Colchester won the competition with victories over Royston and West Norfolk, who also beat the hosts. The Crow’s try scorers were Jacob Boyce and Eddie Twyman. Ben Ireland notched two conversions.
“Even though the results didn’t go our way, we couldn’t be prouder of the boys,” said coaches David Ayliffe and Godfrey Everrit.
“The boys have achieved so much already this year (Finalists in the Cams Cup, secured promotion for next season, finalists in Herts Cup). We are still in the running to be crowned Division winners, if we win our last league game and we will be defending our Herts Plate Title.
You may also want to watch:
“This tournament was an added bonus for the hard work the boys have put in this year.”
- 1 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 7 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 8 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 9 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 10 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?