Royston U14s lose at Shelford
Shelford U14s 7
Royston RFC U14s 0
ROYSTON U14s lost at Shelford on Sunday.
The visitors started strongly and were unlucky to be held up twice on the try line. Shelford scored a breakaway converted try midway through the first period but with Royston dominating territory and possession it seemed only a matter of time before Royston scored. Full-back Eddie Twyman and skipper hooker Jacob Boyce were both stopped just before the try line.
Max Ayliffe was instrumental in all of Royston’s good play and was voted Back of the Match. Forward of the Match James Shannon worked tirelessly but it was to no avail. Shelford defended well and were mightily relieved to hear the final whistle.
You may also want to watch:
Royston can take great heart from this performance and former coach Simon Kirby who recently passed away would have been proud of the boys he nurtured from U6 level.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 3 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 4 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 5 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 6 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 7 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 8 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
- 9 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 10 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe