Royston U14s lose at Shelford
Shelford U14s 7
Royston RFC U14s 0
ROYSTON U14s lost at Shelford on Sunday.
The visitors started strongly and were unlucky to be held up twice on the try line. Shelford scored a breakaway converted try midway through the first period but with Royston dominating territory and possession it seemed only a matter of time before Royston scored. Full-back Eddie Twyman and skipper hooker Jacob Boyce were both stopped just before the try line.
Max Ayliffe was instrumental in all of Royston’s good play and was voted Back of the Match. Forward of the Match James Shannon worked tirelessly but it was to no avail. Shelford defended well and were mightily relieved to hear the final whistle.
Royston can take great heart from this performance and former coach Simon Kirby who recently passed away would have been proud of the boys he nurtured from U6 level.
- 1 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 3 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 4 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 5 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 6 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 7 Council leader pledges 'we'll hold This Land to account'
- 8 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 9 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 10 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon